Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to replace my Fitbit Alta - suggestions for another model?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I bought a Fitbit Alta 3 years ago (2020) from Amazon, not directly from Fitbit.  I liked the slimness of it but it wasn't a very durable product.  The band broke 3 times in 3 years and it was just from normal wear and tear.  Had to buy replacement bands but I can work around this problem.

There's a bigger problem though that I cannot fix.  The Alta seems to have battery problems.  I recharge it at least once a day, charging it up using the recharger cable that connects to my PC via its USB port.  However, the battery doesn't seem to last long anymore, even if the Alta shows the battery power at 90% charged.  There's no consistent mark where the Alta goes dead.  Sometimes it dies at 90% charged, sometimes at 50% charged, sometimes at 25% charged.  Sometimes the battery discharges completely from 50% to 0% and I can't reset it until the battery is recharged.

I suspect the lithium battery in the Alta has degraded and now discharges erratically at times.  So I need to buy a replacement.  Any recommendations for a newer model of Fitbit that is slim like the Alta, but with better battery reliability?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

The two slimmest trackers are the Luxe and the Inspire 3.  They have similar features, but differ in their look.  The Inspire 3 also advertises up to 10 day battery life.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

If you can swing it, I'd go for the Luxe, but as @LZeeW said, the Inspire line is also a great choice.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’d recommend that if you don’t mind the extra width, a Charge 5 or if you still want slim design the Inspire 2 or 3 or the Luxe, as these are all great trackers.

Best Answer
0 Votes