Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync from Mac

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do i sync from my MacBook?  there is no option to sync.  My phone stopped working yesterday evening so cant use that anymore to sync.  But i have been using my fitbit Alta and walked a lot today. Done nearly 25k steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Surj-1211   You need some software called Fitbit Connect to sync with a Mac.  BAD NEWS!  Fitbit Connect hasn't been updated since about 2018.  It isn't compatible with OS Catalina or Big Sur.  You will need an Android/iPhone/iPad/tablet to sync your devices.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I know this sounds like a crazy work-around, but I have to go to my FitBit app on my iPhone, and have it near to my MacBook Pro so that it will sync via BlueTooth. It seems to do it automatically. It won't sync from the desktop.

Now a question for you - how do you charge your FitBit Alta HR from your MacBookPro? All the places to put cords are for tiny connectors (Thundercords?) not for the USB connectors that are on the end of the piece that attaches to my FitBit to charge. I am guessing there is another work around, but I don't see it.

Best Answer

Hi my fitbit won't sync on my MacBook despite having Bluetooth which is on.  I have a charging cable that i can connect to the MacBook too and still it wont sync. On the dashboard there is no option to sync.  It just says last synced on Monday.   I have the Alta. I want to sync using my MacBook because my phone is going in for repair tomorrow and its the only device i use to sync normally.

Any help would be appreciated. I just need the instructions please as to what to do.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I normally charge the alta via mains.

I usually sync it with my android phone.

now i am trying to sync it with my Mac on my account and there is no option to sync now.  It just says that it was last synced on monday.

I need to sync my alta by sunday evening.

Best Answer

I managed to sync on my iPad thankfully after downloading the fitbit app.

just wont do it on my MacBook.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Surj-1211   You need some software called Fitbit Connect to sync with a Mac.  BAD NEWS!  Fitbit Connect hasn't been updated since about 2018.  It isn't compatible with OS Catalina or Big Sur.  You will need an Android/iPhone/iPad/tablet to sync your devices.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks i have managed to sync on my iPad mini.  I also got a new phone yesterday and that has also synced.  

Mac wont sync though.  I don't  have the latest software on my MAC.  i have Mojave because my Mac is old.

Thank you for your help anyway.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need some more help l want to connect my messages to my Fitbit Alta HD but when l go into Bluetooth there is not option l tried pressing the button on my charger but that didn’t work so when l open Bluetooth my watch is never there.

Best Answer
0 Votes