Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notifications on iPhone 7 Plus

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

HELP!  I just got a new alta hr fitbit and i have the iphone 7 plus.  For some reason I am not getting notifications.  I am receiving calls but not text or move notifications.  I have tried everything that i have seen suggested and also chatted with fitbit online with no resolve.  Any suggestions?  This is so frustrating.  My settings are all correct also. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I am not an iPhone user so have no personal knowledge, but one lady with an iPhone found that if her phone lock screen was set to hide notifications then she disnt get them on her fitbit, but when she set the lock screen to show notifications she got them on her tracker. No idea if that is your solution, but worth checking on your phone.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that and still did not work.  Thanks for the info.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. Reset all settings and received a call notification on my Alta HR, but no text messages. Seems weird that calls come in and not texts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @lizgrl @MichealeKoch. Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with the notifications not coming through on your devices 😕

Something I can recommend would be removing your Alta HR from the bluetooth devices and adding it again. For this, go to your iPhone's bluetooth settings. From here, look for the Connected devices, choose the Alta HR and then hit the "Forget this device" option. Then, go to the Fitbit app, tap on the icon of the Alta HR at the top left corner, go to Notifications, enable them and follow the setup process for notifications.

After this, the notifications should come through without any problem. Let me know if you need more help with this afterwards.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this, plus whatever else hhas been posted to try. Still no notifications for calls or text messages. I have and iPhone 6s. I was so happy when I saw this Fitbit would send notifications. A little disappointed right now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally came across resetting the Fitbit tracker. It doesn’t delete history or anything. But afterwards all my notifications came through.

Micheale
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got Fitbit Alta HR for Christmas ... I was getting notifications then did update IOS 11 and it stopped did suggestions still doesn’t work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well was fine till 13 get notifications for txt,WhatsApp and phone calls but not emails.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes