Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen or missing Fitbit.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit fell off my wrist, but the person who found it has not handed it in.  So I am really missing my Fitbit.  I keep checking my account to make sure they don't try to get in and adjust it to suit themselves.  As I haven't been able to sync since Saturday morning there are no steps or sleep details but it is showing calories burnt.  Does anyone know whether they are my calories or the person wearing it?  I am quite upset to think there are such dishonest people out there, after all, no-one would throw a Fitbit away would they?  The alarm is set for 6.30 so if they were wearing it I hope that was far too early for them.  I am hoping once it has gone flat they might decide to hand it in, otherwise I will have to buy a new one as I really need it for my fitness.  What a pity it doesn't have GPS!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The calories you are seeing on your dashboard are your BMR calories (those you burn just keeping your body alive). As they are calculated from your profile settings you get them even when you are not wearing the fitbit.

If the person who has the fitbit creates their own account and adds your fitbit it will disappear altogether from your dashboard. If they just put it on to wear then their step will show on your dashboard but only if it comes in range of a computer with the dongle and software installed. So, so far, it seems that whoever has it has not used it so it may just be lost.

Although it can't be tracked by GPS the following help file describes how you may be able to locate via its bluetooth signal: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1188

Good luck!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

The calories you are seeing on your dashboard are your BMR calories (those you burn just keeping your body alive). As they are calculated from your profile settings you get them even when you are not wearing the fitbit.

If the person who has the fitbit creates their own account and adds your fitbit it will disappear altogether from your dashboard. If they just put it on to wear then their step will show on your dashboard but only if it comes in range of a computer with the dongle and software installed. So, so far, it seems that whoever has it has not used it so it may just be lost.

Although it can't be tracked by GPS the following help file describes how you may be able to locate via its bluetooth signal: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1188

Good luck!

Best Answer

Try to look at the good side of humanity, and don't give up hope of finding your fitbit yet. Since you aren't sure when your fitbit came off of your wrist, it may be that it's still in your home or car, or perhaps it has been found elsewhere and "turned in," but you haven't asked at the right place yet. For example, when I go to my local YMCA, there is a "front desk" where everyone checks in, then changing rooms with showers, different rooms filled with exercise equipment, as well as other rooms for group classes, etc.  I left my metal insulated water bottle sitting next to an elliptical machine once, and I went back the next day, expecting it might have be brought up to the attendant's desk in the exercise room, but the employee didn't have it.  I was disappointed, but then the person told me that there were multiple "lost and found areas" in the building, and I discovered my bottle at the front desk, instead.  I hope you eventually find your lost fitbit, too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know I lost it in a shopping centre, and I only went to 3 shops, one fo which was opposite the first one, so it's a small area.  It was a quick trip with not even a bathroom visit.  However, I did try on a cardigan so it may have come off then or as I left the store.  As it had a yellow band it would be pretty easy to see.  It isn't in the car and it can't be anywhere in my home, so unless the person who found it hands it in somewhere it is gone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Although you may have asked at each of the 3 shops, perhaps it fell off as you walked in the mall between them...Have you checked to see if there is a central "lost and found" for the shopping center?  I'd also go back and ask again at the store where you tried on the sweater, in case it may have snagged and gotten caught inside the sleeve, where it might not be found until someone else tries the cardigan.

Best Answer
Yes, I have checked with centre management as well as the police.  I bought the cardigan and it wasn't caught in the sleeve when I got it home.  I have called the shops again but it hasn't been found or handed in.  There really aren't many places I could have lost it because I parked right near the entry way, went straight up the travellator and into the first store, while I was in there it buzzed telling me I wasn't moving fast enough, I came out and my husband took the shopping to the car, I walked straight into the shop opposite, then came out and walked past another shop and into the third, tried the cardigan on, paid for it then retraced my steps back to the travellator which was opposite the first shop and next to the second shop.  I spoke to the man behind me on the travellator so if it had fallen off he would have seen it and I walked to the car and got in.  As we reversed out there was another car waiting for the spot and they drove in while we were waiting for the pay gate to go up, so if it had fallen off at the car they would have seen it and surely called out to us.  It was a very small area indeed, and it has a yellow band so should be pretty easy to see.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You could download "Bit Finder Geo" which will act like a metal detector but for Fitbits.  It's available I believe on iOS and Android.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the advice, but will it work on a Fitbit quite a number of klms away?
Best Answer
0 Votes

No  - you need to be within bluetooth range (about 20 feet)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did think that would be the case, so no, it is of no use to me as my Fitbit was last seen 10 to 15 klms away.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn’t work for versa 2 I tried 

Best Answer
0 Votes