Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 8 compatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was given a Fitbit Alta HR for Christmas.  It will not match up with my old Nokia Lumia 920.  Fair enough, its getting on.  I was contemplating purchasing a Nokia 8 but cannot find it listed in the compatible devices section. Does anyone have a Nokia 8 and does it work with your Fitbit Alta HR.   Thank you. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Welcome to the Forums and to the Fitbit family @Tewi_Ange.

Congratulations on your new Alta HR. I'd also be interested in getting feedback regarding users with the Nokia 8. I'd just like to mention, to be sure, that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance.

Look forward to the replies in here. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi!

I've bought a new Nokia 8 without thinking that there would be any issue, why should there be one with pure Android.. 🙄

But since I have the new phone my sync works sometimes only if I restarted the phone and/or deleted my Charge 2 in the Bluetooth settings.

Very annoying, I had no problems with my Nexus 5G before.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Nokia 8 Sirocco and can't sync my ionic.  This is really disappointing.  Can Fitbit advise what their plans are for Nokia phones?   

Best Answer

@Dens36er That is not information Fitbit gives out, unfortunately.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Dens36er. Hello @NellyG.

At the moment we do not have any updates on that situation. I can tell you that our team is aware of the requests to expand the supported devices list.

I'd like to mention that there is a possibility that an unsupported device can work as long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Bluetooth 4.0 and Androind 4.4, however we cannot guarantee that they will work. Some users have mentioned that following these steps has helped them sync with their phones that aren't on the list so maybe you could give that a shot.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I have recently upgraded my phone to a Nokia 8 android and my Fitbit Alta will not work properly. After no end of trying different things and numerous emails to Fitbit I find out that this super duper new modern phone is NOT on their approved compatible list. 

Really not happy at all.

Best Answer

Hello @Shellyatchase.

Thanks for sharing your feedback. 

Be sure to follow the steps I shared above, there is a possibility that they can sync and work correctly.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer

Yep, just bought a charge 3. Having problems with my Nokia 8 too. I didn't realise Fitbit was phone compatible. Not OS compatible. I've just wasted £130. I'm really annoyed

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit Alta HR and about 10 months ago i replaced my old Samsung S4 with a Nokia 8. Up until about 3 weeks ago it sync'd perfectly but now it will not sync at all. It's getting really frustrating and I'm at the point of getting rid of the Nokia and going back to Samsung.

Best Answer

Have tried what you suggested and still not working. More and more people are getting disgruntled as this is still not compatible.

Hardly use my Fitbit now and seriously looking into a Nokia Withings which will work and looks a lot nicer than Fitbit too!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have tried what you suggested and still not working. More and more people are getting disgruntled as this is still not compatible.

Hardly use my Fitbit now and seriously looking into a Nokia fitness tracker which will work and looks a lot nicer than Fitbit too!!

Best Answer

I've been having the same issue after a system update and posted on here last night but I think I've just fixed it.

In settings I searched for scanning and selected Bluetooth scanning and turned it on.

My Nokia 8 and Fitbit Alta HR are now syncing and I'm happy. I hope it works for you.

Best Answer

Hello @Shellyatchase. Welcome to the Forums @Yve02.

@Yve02 Thanks for sharing the steps that you tried to get it to work! Hopefully that will definitely work with other users.

@Shellyatchase Be sure to give those steps a try.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, 

I have tried all of these suggestions and my fitbit still does not work at all with my Nokia 8. This has been going on so long now thought Fitbit would have fixed this major issue by now especially with so many angry Fitbit fans who are now considering going elsewhere or already left and given up like me!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on my second Icon now, the first lasted about 6 months. I have. Nokia 8.1, it constantly displays turn on blue tooth, and take many attempts to sync. The sleep function is never accurate. It has never been able to display calls, messages etc, fit pay will not work with my bank. In short it is the most disappointing tracker i have ever bought. I fell people the cost of it and how bad it is and they buy another brand. The iconic is beyond rubbish for me, back to chinese brands for me, yes the iconic is Chinese.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still have the same problem. Does not work with nokia 8 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know its a bit late, I upgraded my phone back in 2017 from Samsung to Nokia 8. It did work for a bit and then it wouldnt sync through the app on the phone. I did discover that once I synced via my laptop, the app on the phone would update. It is annoying not been able to update via the mobile app or to see the stats throughout the day and having to wait until I got home from work. 

Being honest, I didnt know that Fitbit wasnt compatible with all phones. I got a bit of a surprise when I found that out.

I have an older fitbit. I have the blaze. I am also aware theres been many issues with Android 9 (pie). Unfortunately Nokia have decided not to include Nokia 8 in the Android 10 update. Luckily, I'm due an upgrade at the end of February, I think I'll be going back to Samsung and will be sure to check the list for which ones are compatible with Fitbit. 

I was thinking of getting a newer fitbit watch version, I want to wait until after I can upgraede my phone to make sure it is syncing via the app on the phone.

Best Answer