Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run, Walk, Hike....no Bike?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
When tracking an exercise I can only chose between run, walk, or hike.....why no bicycling?

Am I doing something wrong?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@TGoose74 Sounds like you're attempting to use our MobileRun feature on your phone. MobileRun is for tracking Walk, Run, or Hikes only. If you'd like to track your bike ride your Alta will track it with our SmartTrack feature. Hope this helps to clarify.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@TGoose74 Sounds like you're attempting to use our MobileRun feature on your phone. MobileRun is for tracking Walk, Run, or Hikes only. If you'd like to track your bike ride your Alta will track it with our SmartTrack feature. Hope this helps to clarify.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Thank you!!
Best Answer

However the smart-track feature does not include the GPS and route tracking, which is nicely done with the mobile run feature. Is it not possible to add the bike option too?

Somehow Fitbit is translating my bike excercis in nr of steps and duration of activity (shorter than the actual bike ride). Is there some logic behind that?

thanks for your response.

Best Answer

I've discovered that to track my biking using GPS I manually choose and start "Bike" as Exercise via my Inspire HR at the same time that I choose "Run" as the Track option. After I have completed my circuit I finish both the Bike and Run activities then go into my Exercise view and delete the Run record, leaving the Bike record that shows my exact route with stats. It's not a perfect solution but it works! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @fit_greg and welcome to the Help forums.  You posted in the Alta forum.  Alta users don't have an exercise app like your Inspire HR.  Alta/Alta HR users must use creative tracking.  Your Inspire HR has the exercise app.  You only need to use the exercise app on Bike.  You don't need to use the Track option on the app at all.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes