Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scratches on Screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have worn my new Fitbit Alta hr for two weeks and it already has scratches on the front. From normal activity. I reached out to Fitbit support and their solution was to provide me with a 25% off a new Fitbit product. In my opinion, a warning or screen protector should be provided if the screen can scratch as easily as mine has at this point. I take mine off if I am doing anything I think will damage it and I still have a few scratches. Not sure if other people have faced this problem and how they removed/attempted to remove the scratches? Any help would be appreciated. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You need a screen saver. Available on Amazon or Ebay. Wont fix the scratches you have unfortunately, though someone above has posted how to polish them out.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
26 REPLIES 26

Welcome to the forums!

Is it rubbing against something? as it sound like it is.

I always buy screen protectors for my Devices

This is what I bought for my Alta HR

https://www.amazon.com/Ace-Protector-Compatible-lifetime-Replacement/dp/B01BN57T18/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF...

Check out the discussions boards! A lot going on and I'm sure you have some contributions as well!
Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I believe I scratched it grocery shopping so I must have hit it off something in the store. I will definitely pick up some protectors! Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone, 

I was just wondering if anyone else was having screen scratches or any kind of damage, I've had my Alta Hr, for a week short of 2 months, and i must say i have been very surprised at the screen quality, due to the number of scratches mine has accumulated. This is a product  that is always on my wrist , so after 60 days of usage i have come to the board to see how you are experiencing your Alta hr.

Best Answer

@KDD0705 wrote:

I have worn my new Fitbit Alta hr for two weeks and it already has scratches on the front. From normal activity. I reached out to Fitbit support and their solution was to provide me with a 25% off a new Fitbit product. In my opinion, a warning or screen protector should be provided if the screen can scratch as easily as mine has at this point. I take mine off if I am doing anything I think will damage it and I still have a few scratches. Not sure if other people have faced this problem and how they removed/attempted to remove the scratches? Any help would be appreciated. 

Any idea why they provided you with a 25 % off , i Tried to get through them and they were very informative with the information i asked about what is the screen made of , if it  is the same as the alta.

I even inquired about a future rebate, but i was ignored on that regard, at this point knowing you got a 25 % rebate, kinda makes me wonder how they decide these things.

Best Answer

I honestly have no idea. I just stated that I was doing normal activity and my screen scratched within the first two weeks of owning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was scratched after 1 week of normal wear.  Haven't even been to the gym yet!

Best Answer

As someone else posted you can get screen savers for them. I have also used a piece of clear tape over mine cut to size, works really well. 

Best Answer

You can try this: I tried it with the scuffs and scratches on my Charge HR. Go to Autozone or any auto parts store and look for plastic polish in the wash and wax aisle. It's a polish to remove yellowing and scratches on dull plastic headlights. Should be around $6-$8.  Get a clean microfiber towel and apply the polish to the plastic screen. Work on it pretty good then let it haze. Then get a clean part of that same microfiber towel and buff the screen. TADA! Should come out looking like new. If it doesn't, repeat the process. 

Best Answer

@Mikedeemcee what a great idea!

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've only had mine 4 days and it has 3 little scratches from everyday wear...4 days!!! This is ridiculous.

Best Answer

Worn mine for three months with no scratches.  Guess I am lucky.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need a screen saver. Available on Amazon or Ebay. Wont fix the scratches you have unfortunately, though someone above has posted how to polish them out.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

All the clear tape did for my device is remove the scratch which is pretty awesome, Thanks.

Best Answer

I agree im very upset with the iconic

Best Answer
0 Votes

Scratches on screen how to fix

Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw that you can also carefully apply toothpaste on your scratch and I can confirm it really works!To remove the toothpaste use something smooth and dry and after that your watch fell like brand new.

This the link for the toothpaste solution:

https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Scratches-on-a-FitBit

Hope it works out for you as well! 

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
I'll try it. Thanks for the tip

--
Lady H
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good! Let me know if it worked! 

Best Answer