Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Frustration

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I paid $20.95 for overnight shipping (1 business day). The website clearly states "Overnight orders placed by 11am PST ship the same day."

So I placed my order Friday, May 5 at 2:22am EST. Which is clearly before 11am PST. Anyways, here it is Saturday night and the only available tracking information is that the label was created. 

So, I understand that overnight is for business days, but I should receive my item on Monday...correct? If not, I should expect a refund for the overnight shipping? 

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Available tracking information is that the label was created. <-- Fedex Has not even picked it up yet and if they did they didn't scanned it.  Check tomorrow

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Also when I was working FedEx picked up once and some times it was way before the time you stated. It really depends on  the driver

Just try and be patient

Community Council Member

Best Answer

But my point is that I paid $20.95 for overnight / one business day. Which means Monday. I'm leaving early Tuesday morning for vacation- which was the entire point of paying for faster shipping. If I don't get the package Monday, then...... what did I pay for? I ordered in the appropriate time frame for it to be shipped as advertised. Hoping the tracking information is updated sometime tomorrow. I've been obsessively checking. 

Best Answer

I'm sure you will get it by Monday . Relax..

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Its also in FedEx hands So dont be blaming Fitbit. It left their office and is in FedEx hands

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Pretty sure it isn't FedEx's problem if my items didn't even leave the Fitbit facility until THIS AFTERNOON. So guess what DIDNT arrive today? And guess what'll be sitting on my doorstep for TWO WEEKS? Don't advertise that orders placed before a certain time will be sent out that same day if you can't follow through. As for annoyingly telling me to breathe? Thanks, that'll fix it, for sure. It's not like I don't do that every few seconds anyways. 

Best Answer

Similar problem here. 2 day expedited delivery has turned into 3 because it was in fitbits facility all weekend.

Someone in shipping needs to fix the issue of creating shipping labels and not ensuring pickups.

Best Answer

Currently arguing with them in a chat right now. They're telling me I placed my order at 4pm when it transfers to PST. I am like no it was 2am... then they said they'd double check and tried to tell me that 2am EST is right at 11am PST. Ummmmm no?

Best Answer

Wow. Sadly I see that this is a common issue. I wish I would have read this before it happened to me. The same person comments on all these threads that it is not Fitbits fault but in actuality if Fitbit cannot stand behind their delivery window then they should not even give a window. They should just say "it gets there when it gets there but matter which shipping option you choose). I don't have an issue until they deliberately deceive customers which is evident from numerous online complaints.

Best Answer

Common Fitbit reply. I still don't have my order and when I called I was told to "relax, its on its way". Yes, but 18 days after the order was placed (and I still don't have it).

Best Answer

Breathe? That is a rude response to a order that wasn't delivered anywhere close to the paid delivery date. If Fitbit has this much of an issue with their third party delivery service (FedEx) maybe they should switch providers instead of blaming the customer.

Best Answer

Absolutely agree.

When you look at it, in some cases that's double the time agreed on or a 50% increase.

In my case, I purchased the 2 day delivery on a Wednesday at lunch (around 12h45), which means I should have it by Friday end of day. However I see the delivery is scheduled for Monday. That's only one extra business day, but it's actually a 50% increase in time. It's not a "relax" type situation. I would just suck it up and take it if we were talking 10, even 20%, but when you are charging for a delivery in two days, you should make sure you can honor it.

By the way, even though we're talking business days, when the expected delivery is on a Friday, the extra business day translates to another 3 "regular" days. Though that is understood, the frustration build-up in you clients happens in a much more instinctive level.

Fitbit needs to make sure that the options are not available for purchase if they cannot honor it and perhaps even look for other logistics companies if Fedex will not help them meet their goals.

EDIT:

Quick extra piece of information: I purchased some extra bands from a different company AFTER I purchased my Fitbit and that will be delivered on time with the two-day shipping. So perhaps we could look into how they are able to do that and bring it into Fitbit as well.

Best Answer

2019, same issue.

Ordered on a Wednesday, around noon - payed for two day shipping - expected it for Friday, but instead im being told it'll be here on Monday???? They don't advertise their business days enough, i would've never payed $10 for fast, "two day" shipping if it was going to be 5 DAYS LATER. Complete rip-off in the shipping department tbh, and kinda puts a damper on my opinion of fitbit (which was already waivering). Dont recommend paying extra for shipping. (If i don't like the product on Monday, I'm switching to Fossil - no questions asked lmao)

Best Answer

WENDYB: your response is wrong on so many levels. Not sure if you are a bot or whatever but you are not helpful with your condescending responses. 

It IS FITBIT's responsibility until the customer has the product in their hands. PERIOD! That us just a basic business fact related to logistics. The carrier is paid by FitBit to deliver the product. If it were "out of thier hands" then why does FedEx say that "...FitBit needs to contact us to generate a complaint or issue about a missing or delayed package".  You may be a "Community Legend" with regards to your knowledge but you are wrong about this issue and your attitude. All posters had very valid issues with of a response from the company they paid good money to for a product that is not properly fulfilled. 

Best Answer

I purchased the Ionic with overnight shipping on the 30th with overnight shipping. I expected to not be sent the item on he holiday, so that should place the order for shipping on the 2nd and arrive the 3rd or even the 4th. It is the fifth and I still have not even received tracking information. I have had multiple contact with Fitbit customer support and they just tell me to wait and they will refund the overnight cost. this is absolutely ridiculous!!!!

Best Answer

Typical FITBIT fulfillment issues and poor communication.  I'd recommend using the online chat feature as calling the 800# was useless. Best of luck

Best Answer

I just recently purchased a new Fitbit since my screen bit the dust after a few years. We are heading out of town next week so I didn’t want to risk the 5-7 business days. I went to choose expedited shipping and chose overnight because, oddly it was free! I would have chosen an expedited method either way. This was Tuesday at 8amCST. Before 11amPST here we are Thursday and it’s still processing. I understand it was free and there was a sale. Had I known they wouldn’t honor the overnight shipping I’d have paid extra for the 2 day shipping. Why have the option of overnight if you won’t honor it? So here I am wondering if they defaulted it back to the 5-7 business day method and the free overnight was a blip. It’s frustrating to say the least! 

Best Answer

They won’t even honor the expedited shipping.   The website clearly indicates 2 business day shipping for expedited shipping.   I ordered Monday night and won’t receive it until Saturday.   The customer service is absolutely horrid!!!!

Best Answer

I disagree.  The item was purchased from Fitbit.  Fitbit chose to do business with FedEx.  That makes Fitbit responsible even if FedEx is not reliable.  The shipping fee was paid to Fitbit, there was not a choice of shipping providers.  Fitbit guaranteed delivery, putting responsibility on themselves.  If Fitbit knows FedEx cannot deliver in one day, that should not be an option, for an extra fee or otherwise.

Best Answer