Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Squats activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Alta I have been doing the 30 day squat challenge but I can not find a way to log these as squats are on the list of exercises.... can anyone help?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the forums!

Add a custom exercise. You can see it at the bottom of the exercise tab on the computer

You can look up the calories burned here

Exercise calculator

Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi @Mel0182, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delayed reply.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. In addition to the helpful information that was shared by @WendyB, let me share with you that we're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our users here in the Community Forums. That said, the best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback about the squats activity. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where do you find that in the app? When I log an exercise I can’t find the custom exercise tab.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MsSkelton To customise activities you need to use the Dashboard on the Fitbit website, not the app. Here are the directions for adding a custom activity. Hope it helps with what you are trying to do.

ADDING A CUSTOM ACTIVITY
First you have to know how many calories you burn in your activity. You can google calorie calculators

Then go to the Fitbit website Dashboard (not the app) and tap the top of the Recent Exercise tile. A little thing will drop down on the bottom of the tile. Tap See More which is on the right side. A new page comes up. Move right to the bottom of this new page to the box titled Activities which is on the right side at the bottom. On the bottom of this box, in blue and small print it says Create Custom Activity. Tap that and a box comes up. Put in the title of the Activity and then fill in the start time and duration of you latest session, fill in the calories burnt and hit log. You have now created your custom activity. Bit of a trial, but you only have to do it that way once.

Manual Logging
Next time you want to manually log an activity, on your phone go to the fitbit app and tap the exercise tile (the running man). On the screen that comes up tap the stopwatch icon in the top right corner. On the next page start to type in the activity. A drop down list should come up. Select the Activity off the list, fill in the details and hit Log it and you are done!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can't log sqaut ammounts in numbers if that's what you mean you can download an app and link onne but it doesn't show 

Best Answer
0 Votes