Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on www.fitbit.com/setup

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Merry Christmas. I have been working on this for a couple hours. I bought this Alta HR for my wife for Xmas, and cannot get tracker to set up. I have followed the instructions for set up. Installed app, uninstalled it, installed it from the cloud, etc. Basically tried all the tips I have found in the various threads on this forum. No phones or devices in our house can find the tracker in Bluetooth settings. I know some of the threads say don't attempt to connect Bluetooth from phone settings, but rather use the fitbit app. The tracker is not even recognized; when Bluetooth is already turned on, and I click "I Agree" on terms and policies page, the app tells me to turn on Bluetooth to allow fitbit to connect to accessories; we cant get past this in "Read Terms and Policies" screen. Yes, I have clicked on the terms and policies to "read" them. We have reset the iPhone, updated the iPhone, turned Bluetooth on, turned it off, reset the Alta HR by pushing the button on the charger three times, etc. The Alta HR is fully charged, and only says "www.fitbit.com/setup" on it. We have tried all of these tips multipe times. We don't have a PC, so that is the only thing we havent tried, but it appears cnnecting via the app should be possible. This is very frustrating. Any advice is welcomed!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Not sure I necessarily unveiled a solution that will work for everyone, but I tried several more things since this post, and it seems to be working now:

Battery was fully charged. I restarted the Alta HR three times in a row, while it was on the charger, and then removed it from the charger. I powered down my iPhone 6S and powered it back up. I turned Bluetooth on and allowed new connections.  I opened the app with the tracker touching the phone. This time the app/phone found the tracker and allowed me to update and sync...all seems ok now. That was pretty annoying though!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I have the same issue. Only my wife already had a different model, we added the Alta HR to her dashboard, no problem. It shows up on the dashboard, seems to be counting steps, etc, but the readout only shows www.fitbit.com/setup...and it won't go away!

If this forum is monitored, maybe someone from fitbit will explain it!

Best Answer

Yeah, I dont think ours is even counting steps...estimates calories burned, but that's based on height/weight/agedata we put in...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure I necessarily unveiled a solution that will work for everyone, but I tried several more things since this post, and it seems to be working now:

Battery was fully charged. I restarted the Alta HR three times in a row, while it was on the charger, and then removed it from the charger. I powered down my iPhone 6S and powered it back up. I turned Bluetooth on and allowed new connections.  I opened the app with the tracker touching the phone. This time the app/phone found the tracker and allowed me to update and sync...all seems ok now. That was pretty annoying though!

Best Answer

Are you kidding me...this is the accepted solution.  I have spent hours trying to set up my Charge 2.  What a pain in the butt.  Did you click your heels too? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same message.  Through my computer it sees my Fitbit Alta HR, but my phone does not.  I have restarted my Fitbit several times and left it "updating" all night (6 hours+) and no luck.  I am almost ready to give up.  

Best Answer
I took mine back for an exchange.  New one worked perfectly on the first attempt to set up.  I spent HOURS on the other one and reset and reset and reset.  Nothing worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Merry Christmas, 2018! One year later and they have the same issues. My Alta HR is stuck on the set up screen. It was seen on the dashboard on my computer, but it wouldn't go past the set up screen on the device. I deleted my account, thinking that might help reset it. Now Fitbit is in maintenance mode apparently and I can't access my dashboard. Did they not realize people would need the website on Christmas day?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so thankful for your post!  I hadn't used mine in about 8 months because i could not get off the setup screen!  Thank you for going through all these shenanigans and for sharing them to help the rest of us! 

Hope you are well!

Best Answer
0 Votes