Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text notifications not coming through on iOS 11.2.5

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I am using iOS 11.2.5 and was receiving text notifications on my connected Alta HR until yesterday.

But since today, i am not receiving any notifications - I have already tried resetting, removing and re adding the tracker as well as notifications check to make aure everything is enabled but, to my dismay, no luck whatsoever.

Has anyone else faced a similar problem? Do let me know how I can fix this.

Thanks, appreciate all your help.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @mkhanduja. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with the notifications not coming through on your Alta HR 😕 however, thanks a lot for troubleshooting this!

I'm not sure if this has something to do, but with the iOS 11, we were aware of some users having problems with the notifications not coming through properly. To get around this, make sure to go into your Phone's settings, then go to Notifications, then go to Messages and make sure that "Show in history" is enabled.

After that, try to send yourself a test text message and see if it goes trough.

Let me know how it goes!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hi there @mkhanduja. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with the notifications not coming through on your Alta HR 😕 however, thanks a lot for troubleshooting this!

I'm not sure if this has something to do, but with the iOS 11, we were aware of some users having problems with the notifications not coming through properly. To get around this, make sure to go into your Phone's settings, then go to Notifications, then go to Messages and make sure that "Show in history" is enabled.

After that, try to send yourself a test text message and see if it goes trough.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
Thanks, it seems to have worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to hear that @mkhanduja! 😄

Anything else, I'm here to help!

Best Answer

Hi! This worked for me as well, but I don’t want to keep my text history on permanently. Will there be fixed issued? Due to job security I need the turn “show history” off in notifications. Please advise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also not getting any notices on my Alta hr. I have an iPhone 5S with iOS 11.2.5. I’ve tried to go to Settings —> Notifications  on my phone and make sure “Allow Notifications” is turned on for the Fitbit and that “Show in history” is turned on in Messages. Test text still didn’t go through. Any other ideas? 

Best Answer

Thanks a lot, appreciate it.

However, this seems to be a recurring issue now - it keeps reappearing (the issue)

Probably fitbit software developers should look into this and help with a permanent solution.

Best Answer
Shawna Hudson
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue & “show in history” was already enabled for my messages. 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @mschudson! At the moment, you will need to keep this feature enabled in order for your text messages to show.

@mkhanduja @SaraEsk @susmeg, I'm sorry this is still not working for you. You could try removing your tracker from your Bluetooth devices and adding it again and see if that makes any difference. For this, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone. On your connected devices, look for your tracker. Tap on it, then choose the option that says "Forget this device" and after that, go to the Fitbit app. Tap on the icon of your tracker at the top left corner and scroll down to Notifications. Enable them and it will ask your permission to set up notifications, just agree to it and send yourself a test text message and see how it goes.

Let me know if you need more help!

Best Answer

Hello, 

I have the special edition Fitbit Alta HR, which I received yesterday.  I set it up, it's syncing with iPhone 8s app, but I'm not getting the calendar and text notifications.  I did everything listed as solutions from this forum. 

Any other solutions?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this same problem. I have tried all of the trouble shifting suggestions but still no notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @loveversailles @AmyT1990, great to have you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems getting your text and calendar notifications. Thanks a lot for what you've already tried to get this fixed! 

Once more thing you could try is setting up your trackers as new devices. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

After that, try sending yourself test text messages and see if there is any difference. Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

All settings as required still no notifications of messages or that phone is ringing.

Please advise a fix 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, 11.3.1 and it's not working with everything turned on please advise ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have IOS 11.4.1 have tried all the fixes suggested and still do not get notifications. Please help me get this working.Very frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To anyone still searching for a solution, I had tried all of the above to no avail.

iPhone X here, whatever the latest operating system is in August 2018.

What finally worked was in Settings > Messages > Notifications > Show Previews ...

select "Aways." (The default is "When Unlocked.")

My phone is locked 99% of the time when I am not using it, and THIS is why the messages never went to my FitBit.

I cannot believe I haven't had this function for a year plus and I just figured it out Smiley Surprised

Best Answer

(4everhoosier, see my post I just added)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have done all the steps suggested. Nothing helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not been receiving my text since the last update on IPhone. How can I fix this problem it’s been months 

Best Answer
0 Votes