Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive device with exclamation mark

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed that my fit bit Alta HR was not turned on Thursday evening. Friday and most of Saturday I forgot to charge it. I was simply assuming that it had died without me noticing, but I never received the low battery notification that I am accustomed to. So, when I began charging it this morning, it immediately started flashing a circle with an exclamation point over and over. 

I have now tried to restart it per the boards instruction using both my PC and a wall charge to not avail. The green dots on the back are illuminated but not reacting to anything. It does vibrate every time i press the button but that is it. 

What can I do to fix this? I didn't realize how much i depended on this device until i have not had it working properly. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Sanfordtg42, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the details that were shared in your post, seems odd that your device is behaving in such way but your effort troubleshooting this inconvenience before posting is appreciated. I was informed by our Support team that they already provided you assistance with this matter, therefore, I suggest you to contact them back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. 

Let me know if you need help with anything else, I'll be around.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Sanfordtg42, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the details that were shared in your post, seems odd that your device is behaving in such way but your effort troubleshooting this inconvenience before posting is appreciated. I was informed by our Support team that they already provided you assistance with this matter, therefore, I suggest you to contact them back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. 

Let me know if you need help with anything else, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

I haven’t heard from customer support yet. Can you verify if they attempted
to email or call me?

Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Was this issue resolved for you? I am having the same issue. I was updating it and it was taking 40 mins instead of 10 so I stopped and now it won’t work at all. Any suggestions appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up and bought a new one during Mother’s Day. I didn’t find any help in the forum. Sorry! I wish you luck in getting yours fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue! 

This is my second Alta HR... first lasted almost 2 years. Which isn’t really that long in my opinion, but as I had extra bands for it, and it was over warranty.. I purchased another.

This one hasn’t even lasted a year! 
Both died with the same issue !

If there is a fix for this, it would be nice if you posted it for us to know. 

Do I need to call customer support ?

My 1 year warranty is almost up, so need a swift response in order to know what I need to do! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s a bummer! No resolution yet! If I get one I will let everyone know. I havent worn the thing in a year and was getting back into it and can’t get it to work. So who knows. 🤦🏼‍:female_sign: 

Best Answer
0 Votes