Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bizarre synching issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, my daily mile goal has always been set to 5. One day last week, I noticed the app said I fulfilled my goal when I had just over 3 miles logged. I checked my goals and the mile goal was set to 3.11. I changed it back to 5. From then on, I have done 5 miles or more, but the app never tells me I have fulfilled my goal. I logged in to the website and it says my mile goal is 8.5. When I set that to 5, the app says 3.11. When I set the app to 5, it changes the website back to 8.5. I have tried resetting the Alta hr, force stopping the app, re pairing with Bluetooth. It worked just fine before March 8th. Also, everything else syncs perfectly fine. Any thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Community Forums, sorry for the delayed reply.  

First, I appreciate your effort and patience for troubleshooting this situation prior to posting, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed.

Then, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes. 

Keep me posted, I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply, but it tells me nothing. I have had this Alta Hr for two years. I know how to synch. It was working fine until March 7th. Then my daily mile goal, which has always been set to 5 miles, was changed in the app to 3.11. I did not change it. When I checked the website, my daily mile goal which should have said 5, said 8.5. If I change the website to 5 miles, the app says 3.11. If I set the app to 5 miles, the website says 8.5.  Between the app and the website, something is wrong. My Alta hr is actually working properly, and synching properly. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife and I have having exactly the same problem. I've always had my main goal as being five miles. However, a couple of days ago I noticed that the Android app had dropped the bar on the distance log to 3.1 miles. While I had no idea why it had changed, I changed it to 5 in the app. Today, I did over five miles but the app's summary showed be as falling short of my mileage goal. I checked the Dashboard on my PC and noticed that the mileage target was down as 8 miles! I changed that to 5 miles.

I've just checked both the Dashboard on the website and the Andoroid app. The dashboard is showing my goal as 5 miles. The Android app, however, is showing a distance goal of 3.11. There appears to be a mix-up between the two. It can't be a coincidence that 3.11 miles is 5 kilometres.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to hear it's not just me! (Sorry) I wasn't aware that 3.11 miles was 5 kilometers and I agree it can't be a coincidence. I am pretty sure I did an update the night before it started happening. I did check to make sure I was set to miles and I am. I really think it's a glitch between app and website from the last update. Nothing to do but wait to see if they fix it I guess. It did make me feel better to know that I'm not alone, Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would check to make sure your distance is set to the proper scale. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I did that, as stated in my previous post. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20200318-211424.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20200318-211623.png

 dashboard

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20200318-211447.png

Best Answer
0 Votes