Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wheelchair Users Setting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Do any of the Fitbits track wheelchair users movement?

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24
Hi, I commented on this thread a while ago to help a wheelchair user but I
am personally not a wheelchair user. Sorry. I wish I could help. Glad to
see your daughter wants to be on the move!
Nancy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SuzyQdad , unfortunately I have no experience of the Charge 3, and I haven't been using my fitbit for a while now.  However, it really depends on your daughter's needs/goals for herself.  I think a few answers in this thread have indicated the the standard "step" count is usually quite accurate when compared to a walking user.  So even though the count will stay in "steps" and not "pushes", you can still use them for achieving goals.  The main question then becomes what targets your daughter sets for herself.  WHen using a manual chair, like I do as well, a flat or downhill section will require less effort (I think) than walking, but an uphill/incline will require more.  I always felt that at the end of a day, this averages out.  If you want more/higher activity, then focus on a course that leads to more uphill than downhill if possible.

One additional suggestion is to simply use the fitbit on a few "normal days", with no specific higher intensity activities.  This will give you a sense of the distance/steps that are usually generated.  From there you can decide what target to set.

Another point to consider is whether the Charge 3 has HR measurement and GPS - as I said I am not familiar with it, and my Flex 2 didn't have those, but I am sure they would give more "target opportunities" if they are available.  Hope this helps a bit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you have to change your stride length or did you leave set to automatic?

I am a T6 incomplete, so like you, I use a manual chair and arm crutches.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have not yet purchased a FitBit so I don't know an answer sorry
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to see some apps from Fitbit that include wheelchair users, especially as wheelchair users are used in the fitness videos and promotional material 

Best Answer
0 Votes