Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong time and date

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Time of day and date wrong

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello and welcome to the Fitbit Community @Unicoi 

I understand your time and date is incorrect on your Fitbit Alta HR. Has your Fitbit Synced recently. Make sure your syncing properly. If you can’t get your Alta HR to sync let’s try restarting your Fitbit Alta to see if that resolves the issue. You will not lose your data doing this. 

Here’s how:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable. Now try sync your Alta HR
    FB033671-B5B5-4BC7-90D1-9DE0E032D56C.png

😃 please let me know if this resolves your time and date issue. If this does indeed resolve the issue could you please tap the “choose as best answer” box just under my post? Doing so really helps other individuals who come to this community looking for answers to questions similar to your own. I’d really appreciate it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hello and welcome to the Fitbit Community @Unicoi 

I understand your time and date is incorrect on your Fitbit Alta HR. Has your Fitbit Synced recently. Make sure your syncing properly. If you can’t get your Alta HR to sync let’s try restarting your Fitbit Alta to see if that resolves the issue. You will not lose your data doing this. 

Here’s how:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable. Now try sync your Alta HR
    FB033671-B5B5-4BC7-90D1-9DE0E032D56C.png

😃 please let me know if this resolves your time and date issue. If this does indeed resolve the issue could you please tap the “choose as best answer” box just under my post? Doing so really helps other individuals who come to this community looking for answers to questions similar to your own. I’d really appreciate it!

Best Answer

Hello again @Unicoi 

I wanted to check in with you to see if your still having issues or has my suggestions helped you, If my suggestions did help can you please tap the “Choose as best answer” box under my post with the suggestions I provided. It helps others who are looking for answers to questions similar to your own. I’d really appreciate it! 😃

Best Answer

I’m happy you’re back up and running @Unicoi! Have a wonderful day! 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to reset the clock on my Alta HR following the instructions you provided and it didn't work for me. I haven't used my fitbit in about 4 months so battery went completely dead. In the meantime I've bought a different phone and it appears that everything is so different when I tried to get started again. Instructions are harder to understand. Please help, if you have a different idea, it's annoying for the time to be off by 2 hours and 25 minutes everytime I look at it. Thanks!

Best Answer

Tried your method to correct the current time and date on my Fitbit Alta HR, but it was unsuccessful.

Best Answer

I tried plugging my phone and tapping 3 times on the plug but it still didn’t set the correct time?

what else can I do to set my Fitbit hr to the correct time. Right now it is 4:46 pm but my watch says 9:37 the day is set on Thursday but today is Wednesday 

Best Answer

My fitbit went completely dead, because I forgot to charge it for a good while. I charged it up, and that went fine. However, the time and date are wrong (time zone is fine). I synced it this a.m. I have gone to the app...no luck there. I restarted the Alta HR according to directions here on the fitbit.com website. Nothing has helped to change the time and date to be correct.

Best Answer

I finally called the "Help" number on the fitbit.com website. Great help here. The technician figured out that the problem was with my app. I uninstalled the app. Went to the app store and started over with a new fitbit app (just type fitbit in the search box). I installed the new fitbit app. Then synced my device, and the time and date came up correctly then. Apparently, my app was defective or not up to date (I had been having syncing problems with it for some time.) The technician explained that the Fitbit picks up the time and date from the phone or ipad that it has been synced with. 

Best Answer

It will reset or at least start the process:however it still has the wrong time etc

Best Answer
0 Votes