Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to understand activity chart

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm trying to figure out what my mileage and steps are for the year.  Why, when I go to the yearly chart, does it say only 13,000 for a given month, in steps, when I actually get that in a day?  And it does say at the bottom over 3 million for the year?  I just don't understand why each month it doesn't give you a total.  I'm sure I must just be misreading somehow.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @motherreb! I'm happy to see you have stopped by! Woman Very Happy

When you check your yearly step count, the number you see for each month is an average of your step count for that month. If you want to check the total step count for that specific month, you can go to the monthly step count chart, and there you would also be able to see the steps that you did daily, during that month.

Monthly step count.PNG

If you have a SmartPhone (iOS, Android or Windows Phone), you can also check the yearly step count in the Fitbit app. Different from the Online Dashboard, in the app, you will be able to see the actual step count for the month, not the average. 

Let me know if you have any further questions! Man Very Happy

Annie| Community Moderator

Was my answer helpful? Awesome! Let's help our fellow Fitbitters by marking this as a solution, and vote up! 😄

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @motherreb! I'm happy to see you have stopped by! Woman Very Happy

When you check your yearly step count, the number you see for each month is an average of your step count for that month. If you want to check the total step count for that specific month, you can go to the monthly step count chart, and there you would also be able to see the steps that you did daily, during that month.

Monthly step count.PNG

If you have a SmartPhone (iOS, Android or Windows Phone), you can also check the yearly step count in the Fitbit app. Different from the Online Dashboard, in the app, you will be able to see the actual step count for the month, not the average. 

Let me know if you have any further questions! Man Very Happy

Annie| Community Moderator

Was my answer helpful? Awesome! Let's help our fellow Fitbitters by marking this as a solution, and vote up! 😄

Best Answer

Thank you so much for the reply!  I get it now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What you are showing in a chart should be clearly labeled, so why not label the Chart as "Average Steps" vs "Steps"?

Best Answer
0 Votes