Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doesnt work unless attatched to charger.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wont sync, won't work unless on charger, then intermittently! This is getting to be long term. Done 2 upgrades, deleted app and reinstalled x2. Phone turned off on many occasions. Shows fully charged on FB yet battery level on app states medium. Left for over a week so battery would go flat and fully recharge, still showing battery as medium.

Is it possible that my fitbit has dementia?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Support has notified me that my tracker is being replaced. I was not expecting that! Looking forward to the delivery so that I can again be tracking. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Thanks for stopping by @Recycledyouth! This sounds odd. Sometimes logging out from the app and rebooting your phone can be of help. Just remember to log back in once your phone is up and start a sync after this.

However, here are some steps you may try if your tracker's battery is draining faster than expected. Dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent a charge. Clean the charging contacts using the instructions in How do I clean my tracker? help article. 

Also, if you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub. Check the alignment and try reconnecting your tracker to the charging cable. For illustrations and tips on how to know if the connection is secure, see How do I charge my Alta?

When in doubt, it doesn't hurt to turn your tracker off and back on. For instructions see How do I restart my Alta?

I hope this helps, keep me posted! Smiley Wink 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Lucy, I have tried all of the options you have suggested, nothing missed, this problem has been going on for months and still not resolved. I have previously had input from support but the positive outcome lasted only about a week. Best I can get now was the logo on the screen for a few minutes after disconnecting from the charger. Wondering if its reached its useby date after 18 months!!! Grrrrrrr

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @Recycledyouth! I really appreciate the time and effort invested with this. To further assist you, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thankyou, hopefully it will be resolved 😐
Best Answer

Thanks for posting back @Recycledyouth! Please keep me updated or if you have any more questions. I'd love to help further. 🙂 

In the meantime, I'd like to encourage you to join us at Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've followed support recommendation, followed forum comments and put in
place every suggestion, and now back to support and the comment to keep
reading forum. I havent got anywhere in resolving my issue with a non
functioning tracker that has been giving me greif for months. Where to
now???
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @Recycledyouth! This sounds odd. To further assist you I have sent you a PM.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support has notified me that my tracker is being replaced. I was not expecting that! Looking forward to the delivery so that I can again be tracking. 

Best Answer

Nice to know from you again @Recycledyouth! So good to hear that Support was able to help you and the will be sending you a replacement. I'm sure that you'll be back on track in no time. 

I hope to see you around more often! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help!

My new tracker arrived, I've charged it all day and done the setup. All smooth sailing until I took it off the charger then displays last for about 7-8 secs and nothing! No display, doesn't respond to tapping, flicking wrist, incoming calls or messages. App says battery full then next time 2/3 full. 

I've gone through all the protocols to start up again and having no success.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Recycledyouth! This is weird. I've sent you a PM to further assist you. 

Catch you later! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything as the previous person and my Fitbit Alta is still working unless it is attached to thecharthe .  After the Fitbit icon is displayed a code beginning with a V appears   do you have any suggestions on other steps to take

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Paj08! Thanks for sharing your experience and for all the steps you took before posting here. 

To make sure that your Alta is charging correctly, check out this tips: 

• Clean the charging contacts using the instructions in How do I clean my tracker?
  • Try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your tracker to the charging cable. For illustrations, see How do I charge my tracker?
  • Double check that you restarted your Alta correctly. For instructions see  How do I restart my tracker?

Keep me posted with the outcome! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All,

I am having the same issue with my Alta.  It has been working fine and just this morning it has gone black - unless plugged into the charger. I have tried restarting several times, rebooting my iPhone and even deleting and reinstalling the app.  Nothing works - once I restart the tracker I get a version number or code V.21.40.02 (i believe - it flashes quickly). Please help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have taken all the previous suggestions and my fitbit alta is still not working unless it is attached to the charger

Best Answer
0 Votes

also happen to my alta today!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply @KrisL19, and @Paj08! I appreciate that you have tried all my suggestions and for the time you have invested to solve this. 

@KrisL19 Upon checking with Support I was able to see that you have a case with them. The best is to continue working with them, I'm sure that they can find a way to solve this. 

@Paj08 To further assist you, I've created a Support case on your behalf. You should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Welcome @amizaamirIt's great to see you around. Can you please confirm that you have followed the suggestions on the post above so I can assist you further. 

I look forward for your reply! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is also having these issues, even after I follow the suggestions. Can you help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Fitbit today and I’m having this same problem! I fully charged it and set it up but now I can’t get it to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes