Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A full week of syncing issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't get my fitbit ionic to sync and it's really frustrating. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it. Restarted the phone, restarted the fitbit. Removed the device, tried readding it. Fitbit can't find it now. 

I spend $350 for this and $50 for a 3 year warranty. I see a lot of people having this issue on this forum and recently so I know it's not my device. 

What are you guys doing? At least I can return my fitbit if you don't fix this.

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Kyle, I just opened the app and see that no tracking has been successful since November 3rd!!  Tracking my sleep , because I am an insomniac is important information for me to have, especially when trying different medications.  Argh!!! Very frustrating!!

Best Answer

Same here since Nov 4. Tried everything you mentioned and no success. And now my app is not even recognizing my tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've also had issues, app syncing randomly on and off for the past week... I've tried the same things: uninstall, reinstall, restart phone & fitbit, log out, unpair and pair... Couldn't see a link to when it syncs, but i got a couple of syncs - really frustrating, even more that this is not the first time I had such issues...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same issues since yesterday! I've tried all the trouble shooting and nothing has worked! I noticed I have the new update.... I've read LOTS of issues with it.... So bummed....I rely on my watch at work to read my text messages/calls in case there's an issue with my kids/babysitter. I work with special needs kids and can't have my phone on me during sessions... When will this be fixed?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

Thanks for trying to go through all of the troubleshooting steps before getting your Fitbit to sync. Let me try to help you to get it to sync.

The first thing I'd like to do is to ask what phones are you using to try and sync your Fitbit devices? Also, what Android version is it running?

In the meantime maybe you could try to restart the connection itself. You can try the following steps:

1. Go into your phone's Bluetooth settings and look for your Fitbit.
  2. Remove it from the list of paired devices and restart your phone.
  3. Run the set up process once again to get it to sync.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Google pixel 2 and I'm running on Android version 9. I bought my
versa back on July 16th and had NO issues what so ever with connectivity.
My watch is still connecting. I can change my watch faces, sync my steps,
but no notifications and I can't connect to get the weather. I have tried
all the steps and still nothing. I even put my versa back to factory
settings, starting from scratch and nothing. With my job, I really count on
my watch for notifications and this is really frustrating.
Thank you for your help,
Angela
Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 2 and Android 8.1.0

Fitbit app is V 2.82

constant sync problems since the recent app upgrade (a few months ago),

all of the suggestions posted by nonamefitbiters don't work - at all.

best solution I have found (not suggested by any moderators) is to either:

1) Force Stop app, clear app from recent tiles, restart phone - you should get at least one sync before it starts to fail again.

2) Do 1) above and reinstall the fitbit app. Restart the phone. I got about 4 to 6 hours of syncing with this method.

this issue has been around for months.

Best Answer

I have the ionic and android 9.0

And I have so many issues with my ionic syncing.  It will not even pair with my phone anymore.  I love my ionic but this sucks.  That's alot of money to pay for the ionic and phone not to sync.  I have done all of the troubleshooting ideas.  They worked a few times but now none of them work

Best Answer
0 Votes

I FINALLY got my Versa to work again!!!! I followed another suggestion to: 1. Forget your device from the Bluetooth settings. 2. Uninstall Fitbit app. 3. Turn off Fitbit device. 4. Restart phone.... Once phone turns on, turn your Fitbit device back on and re-install the Fitbit app! Make sure you re-connect your device to your phone. I hope it works for you!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!!! It worked!! Fingers crossed that it lasts!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kukla2613 wrote:

I FINALLY got my Versa to work again!!!! I followed another suggestion to: 1. Forget your device from the Bluetooth settings. 2. Uninstall Fitbit app. 3. Turn off Fitbit device. 4. Restart phone.... Once phone turns on, turn your Fitbit device back on and re-install the Fitbit app! Make sure you re-connect your device to your phone. I hope it works for you!!!

yes. I tried that way too and got it to sync.

I think you will find you can leave out the Bluetooth bits, it is the reinstall app that makes the difference - for a few hours anyway. The sync issue came back for me.

Based on using Force Stop and clearing cache also gets it to sync I would guess reinstall of app does  clearing of stack and cache too and that is why that gets sync working again - for a while anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully a permanent resolution will be found soon.... Thank you for all your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit purchase, for me, ended up being an expensive wristwatch w/heartrate monitor. Phone rarely syncs to device & even then only after I spend up to an hour attempting to sync. My other option is to do the PC attached reset that is being suggested. But that doesn't seem to stick & it's pointless that I should have to perform that fix EVERY TIME I want to sync.  Very disappointed.

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to share all of that information with everyone!

If you are using the Android 9, please do know that we are aware of an issue that is causing syncing issues with those phones. Any updates on the matter we will be posted in this thread, so please be sure to keep an eye on that thread.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes