Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A mystery way to sync Zip

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been sent a new Zip as Fitbit decided I'd exhausted every avenue to sync.  Well, the result was a new Zip and an old sync problem apparently related to Android update 9.0 Pie (in the face).

My solution works, occasionally.  Uninstall Fitbit app.  Turn off Bluetooth.  Restart phone.  Install Fitbit app.  Open, sign in and wait for it to ask for permissions and needing Bluetooth to be turned on.  This got me one sync in 24 hours.  

Hope this helps until Fitbit and Android update 9.0 recognize each other, easily.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I was able to sync again using this special magic.  The only other thing I did was turn off both battery savers.  They're both in phone settings.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been able to sync and get my steps recorded again this evening.

1. Uninstall Fitbit app

2. Turn off any battery savers 

3. Turn off Bluetooth

4.  Restart phone

5. Reload Fitbit app

6.  Open, log in, sync,waiting for app to ask for permissions and turn on Bluetooth. 

7.  Fingers crossed, it works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to let you know, my magic way to sync has worked once again tonight.  ItsI better than nothing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

IveI successfully synced Fitbit Zip with phone using the steps above.  Don't turn on Bluetooth.  Make sync request permission.  Works for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It took 5 complete redos before the magic worked tonight.  Voilá, again it works!  Give it a try until the geeks get this fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still doing the magic method to get the sync done even in BC, Canada!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The magic died a week + ago.  Now I uninstall Fitbit app, turn off Bluetooth, restart phone, reinstall Fitbit app, log in, turn on Bluetooth.  THEN, remove battery, count to 30, replace battery.  Then, hit sync and viola, synced.  I do it once at the end of the evening.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I decided to take a shortcut to my magic syncing sequence.  I left the app on, had Bluetooth on and simply removed the battery counted to 30 and put the battery back in the Fitbit.  Tah Dah!  It synced and imI happy.  Only have the patience to do this once at the end of my day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This could possibly be my last mystery fix for syncing issues.  I'm sad I even have to do this.  After all these years never having any problems with my Fitbit, this Pie update syncing mess is making me growl under my breath!

So, I take out the battery, 15 seconds tonight, put it back in Fitbit.  Yup it syncs!  Yup it stinks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wait until the end of the day to sync once.  All I do is remove the battery and put it back in the Fitbit.  Is it just me or is this the most stupid thing to have to do to keep track of my daily stats?  Anybody else suffering with me?

Best Answer