Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected GPS stops all the time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently upgraded my Charge HR to a Charge 2, and I'm having lots of trouble getting connected GPS to work.

Facts first:

• Charge 2 firmware: 22.22.55.2
  • Android version: 8.0.0 (OxygenOS 5.0.1 on a OnePlus 3)
  • Fitbit app version: 2.71
  • All-Day sync: ON
  • Always Connected: ON
  • Keep-Alive Widget: ON
  • Android (System) Battery optimization for Fitbit app: OFF

GPS connection seems to work at first, but is then lost. Probably when my phone goes into a bit deeper sleep. I usually start my music and start running. The GPS stops after a couple of minutes, even if the music keeps playing just fine.

Is there any way to make this work? Because if there isn't, the Charge 2 is pretty useless to me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@lijn, had an intermittent problem with my Versa and connected GPS, seems to have gotten better lately.

The only things to add to your list are turning off wifi on the phone (plus bluetooth and wifi scanning on location services, GPS device only), using wired earbuds instead of bluetooth, and I carry my phone on the same side as my Versa (actually in my hand).

My last three daily walks ( 3 - 4 miles per day) have recorded properly doing this.

I think using a bluetooth headset would probably be OK, but haven't experimented with adding it back to the mix yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @BamIAm
Thank you for your reply!

My earbuds are wired. So that's not a problem. I might try switching off wifi, but holding the phone in my hand is not an option 🙂
I'll give it another try this afternoon. Hope it works, would hate to have to send it back.

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started having this problem! Charge 2 with my Google Pixel 2. I connected to the Fitbit app before starting my run, and then it lost connection. Recorded almost accurately, but the map is wrong. And given there's no button to "pair" or "connect" with my Fitbit, I can't figure out how to keep it connected.

I've had the Charge 2 for about a year and this just started happening!

Best Answer

I've had my Charge 2 for 9 months and have used mapping regularly with no problems, until recently. Starts out fine and then discontinues mapping, even though it does still seem to capture total distance correctly (without complete map). Paired with Android 8.0.0 Oreo version on Samsung Galaxy 8 Plus.

Best Answer
0 Votes