Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Minutes accuracy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I started using a Charge 3 last December and have determined that the active minutes are inflated in an unreasonable way. It appears that wearing the device in the shower is causing this issue, since that is the specific time being listed as active minutes. Do I need to remove the device during this time to avoid this issue or is there some setting to make the calculation of active minutes less sensitive?

It doesn't seem to catch when I'm actually out running errands and walking around, but it almost always decides that a shower equates to active minutes.

My app is up to date and I've restarted it without any changes.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @thedragonsmeow, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delayed reply.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the details that were shared in your post, your effort and patience troubleshooting this situation prior to posting are appreciated. Let me share with you that Fitbit devices calculate active minutes using metabolic equivalents (METs). METs help measure the energy expenditure of various activities. Because they do so in a comparable way among persons of different weights, METs are widely used as indicators for exercise intensity. For example, a MET of 1 indicates a body at rest. Fitbit devices estimate your MET value in any given minute by calculating the intensity of your activity.

To learn more about this feature and understand in a better way how it works, please check our help article: What are active minutes?

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes