Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom foods nutrition info

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
When adding custom foods nutrition information in app, it does not allow decimal point, I.e protein value is 21.9 but app will only allow whole numbers. I see this is a big downfall of the app for someone like me who is trying to use the app to keep a very accurate log of food and diet composition. Surely an easy fix too.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @SunsetRunner, thank you for letting us know which type of device you are using. You are right, so far is not possible to enter a decimal point when you are adding a custom food and thank you for bring this feedback to our attention. 

As a workaround, you can use the web-based Dashboard to enter your custom food, since from the web Dashboard version you can enter decimals at the moment to add nutritional facts. You can do this from your Food Page and by typing on the search bar a new option will appear to Add Custom Food. Just select the option to Add Nutritional Information and a similar screen as the screenshot shows, should appear.

Food facts.JPG

Note this is also an idea on our Suggestion board, so perhaps you can share your vote and leave your comments here: Decimal point when adding custom foods on app. By supporting this idea you help it grows in popularity and be implemented in a near future.

Hope this workaround helps in the meantime and let me know if you have questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @SunsetRunner welcome to the Fitbit Community. What mobile device are you using?

Rodrigo l Italian & English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Parliamo di calcio Qual è la tua squadra di calcio preferita?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi @RodringoFitbit, thanks for the welcome, I am using a Nexus 6
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @SunsetRunner, thank you for letting us know which type of device you are using. You are right, so far is not possible to enter a decimal point when you are adding a custom food and thank you for bring this feedback to our attention. 

As a workaround, you can use the web-based Dashboard to enter your custom food, since from the web Dashboard version you can enter decimals at the moment to add nutritional facts. You can do this from your Food Page and by typing on the search bar a new option will appear to Add Custom Food. Just select the option to Add Nutritional Information and a similar screen as the screenshot shows, should appear.

Food facts.JPG

Note this is also an idea on our Suggestion board, so perhaps you can share your vote and leave your comments here: Decimal point when adding custom foods on app. By supporting this idea you help it grows in popularity and be implemented in a near future.

Hope this workaround helps in the meantime and let me know if you have questions.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

bah posted then saw it listed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Busse70179, it's nice to see you again. I saw you edited your post. Were you experiencing some sort of issue or you wanted to share something?

Feel free to let me know if you have questions or you want to share an experience you had.

Catch ya later!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to see there's a work around, but hard to imagine why any dev used floor() instead of round(), especially when the backend still supports floats.

Mistakes happen, but I'd politely like ask the coding team learns from this one.

Best Answer
0 Votes