Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm Won't Delete

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having the same issue. I have one alarm that will not delete it is stuck in delete mode.

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Best Answer
0 Votes
47 REPLIES 47

Hi, Tanya -- the only way I was able to delete an old alarm from my Alta, which didn't show up anywhere, was to do a RESTART (or "soft" reset -- NOT a factory reset, which would lose your data).  If you don't know how to do that, try this link.  I hope this helps,

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,Tanya — the only thing that worked for me was to RESTART (or “soft” reset, not a factory reset, which would lose your data) my tracker.  If you’re not sure how, there are lots of links on Google and YouTube.  I hope this helps.  

Here’s one link: https://fitbit,com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! I followed those steps.
I will see if it worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! I'm here to help, my apologies for the delay in responding. It's nice to see you around participating in our Community Forums again @Glynette @Tanya_C welcome back!

Both of your difficulties seems odd to me, even more when the alarms are not set. First, I'd like to know if some troubleshooting steps from this thread were already tried? If not, I recommend you to check the above posts because this thread have an Accepted Solution. Also, I suggest both of you to restart your devices as per previously suggested with the information from our help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. 

I'll be here if you need anything else. Please keep me posted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I restarted my Alta, and that solved the problem.  : )

Best Answer

Welcome back @Glynette thanks for your update!

I'm glad to know that the restart process resolved your difficulties, thank you for troubleshooting this matter with me. Please don't hesitate to contact me back if you need further assistance, I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Have a beautiful day! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an alarm stuck in waiting to delete. Nothing works 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Under the time very top left hand corner touch.

Go to Alta HR connect.

Silent Alarms.

You can delete.

Long way to go 🙄

Hopefully this helps~
Best Answer

Didnt work for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Caldridge, welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'd like to follow up and help you with your Fitbit device since one of the alarms won't get deleted. By the way, thank you for trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

Please let me know what is the model of your Fitbit device.

In the meantime, have you tried to get your Fitbit device restarted as described in this help article?

Thank you so much for your help @Jmon0921.

Looking forward to your response.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
I was able to get this issue taken care of.
Thank you,
Best Answer

Ive already tried the restart. The alarm is stuck in waiting to delete status. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This was a post from a while ago, but thank you for responding. I resolved
the problem by resetting my tracker.
Best Answer

Hi @Jmon0921 @Caldridge @Glynette, thank you for your replies.

@Jmon0921 @Glynette I am glad to hear the issue has been resolved for you. Thank you for your time and efforts. I hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experiencing without any issues.

@Caldridge I am sorry to hear the issue persists. I appreciate your efforts and recommend doing the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.
  6. Try to delete the alarm by following the steps at How do I delete or turn off alarms on my Fitbit device?

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Logging out and back corrected the issue. Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi @Caldridge, thank you for your reply.

I am glad to hear that logging out and back corrected the issue. Thank you for posting the update here. I appreciate your time and feedback.

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Keep on visiting the forums. Happy stepping!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I have resolved the problem, but thanks for your response.
Best Answer

Hi @Glynette, thank you for your reply.

I am glad to hear you have resolved the issue. Thank you for your feedback.

Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!

Enjoy the Fitbit experience!

Best Answer

This advice solved the problem

Best Answer
I have resolved the problem, but thank you for your reply.
Best Answer