Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm widget doesn't work with Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
If I pick the Alarms Quick Action Widget and put it on my home screen then tapping it opens a screen in the app that does.... not a dam thing. I can't set or change the alarms for my Fitbit Blaze from there
I have to dig down in settings in the main app to change my alarms, from a completely different screen. Either make the widget open the settings>alarms page or make the current widget work with the Blaze.
And by the way, whoever is in charge of testing these apps before the go live didn't do his job here. This was an obvious fail and you guys didn't catch it. Does not give me confidence in your company. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

It's great to see you around @Sarge_01. Keep in mind that you have to set your alarm directly from the Fitbit app not from your phone's settings. Fitbit trackers don't work with widgets just with the Fitbit app. So, if you want to set an alarm remember that you need to do this directly from the Fitbit app by doing the following from your Android phone:

1. Tap Settings
2. Tap Alarms
3. Tap the "+"icon in the upper right corner
4. Set your alarm
5. Tap Save
6. Sync

Keep the stepping up! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alejandra you're missing the question, he's referring to the widget for Android OS.

You would think it should be a shortcut to the silent alarm settings, instead it doesnt seem to do anything. I'm having the same problem.

A picture of the widget (it's the blue alarm bell below Play Store):

Screenshot_2016-05-12-11-08-00.png

Here it is, not working even though I have 3 silent alarms set:

Screenshot_2016-05-12-11-08-05.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know how the devs are not getting this through their thick skulls but let me spell it out for you people:

On my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 > Long-press on an empty home screen space > tap "Widgets" > find "Fitbit" and tap it > long-press on "Fitbit Quick Access..." > drag to a blank space on the home screen and release > tap "Alarms" > now back on the home screen tap on the new "Alarms" widget you just created > tap whatever I want and discover that nothing works on the screen > rage-quit > post this post on the Fitbit forums > wait for a reply > not get a real reply

Moderator edit: format and removed bump request

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sarge_01 wrote:
If I pick the Alarms Quick Action Widget and put it on my home screen then tapping it opens a screen in the app that does.... not a dam thing. I can't set or change the alarms for my Fitbit Blaze from there
I have to dig down in settings in the main app to change my alarms, from a completely different screen. Either make the widget open the settings>alarms page or make the current widget work with the Blaze.
And by the way, whoever is in charge of testing these apps before the go live didn't do his job here. This was an obvious fail and you guys didn't catch it. Does not give me confidence in your company. 😞

Had the same issue.  To solve it, uninstall the app from your phone, remove the device from the bluetooth profiles.  Then reinstall the app, login and add the device, you might have to set it up as a replacement, I can't remember if I needed to set it up that way, but I think that's what I did.

You'll need to recreate any widgets you had before as they are all deleted when you removed the app.

This also fixed another problem I was having.

Good luck,

Gary

Gary D.| Feeding Hills, MA MBG PE

Charge HR, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire 2, Charge 4, Charge 5, Pixel Watch 2

Best Answer

@Sarge_01 @TorontoGuy712 Did you try the suggestion that @gdio53 gave here? I tried to recreate your experience but was unable to recreate it on my Galaxy Note 5. Keep me posted.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes