Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta not syncing, but previously had been

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Ok so I've had my turbo 2 since last November and the Alta since April/May. At the moment my Alta has not and will not sync. I've tried everything from restarting my phone and Alta, turning wifi off and on, same with Bluetooth and nothing! Before when it's done this I'll do all of those things but it will randomly sync back up and be fine for weeks!! I just saw on the supported devices list that mine is not on there. What can I do to get this darn thing to sync like it has been??
Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@mrsdez6207 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I wasn't able to find the Motorola Turbo 2 on the list as well. Did you used to sync with that device? Try the Android syncing troubleshooting steps (check @SunsetRunner's steps). Also, check the Feature Request about the Turbo 2 for it to be supported.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
My Alta has been working fine with my droid turbo 2. until 1142 today when it stopped syncing. Went through all the troubleshooting steps still nothing besides an error message that sometimes pops up saying "cannot sync with Fitbit.com"
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same issue and finally uninstalled the app. Reinstalled it back. Plugged the usb cord to my laptop and hit the button 3 times quickly. It popped up with a 4 digit code to enter into the app and got it to sync again but it lost all my data including my friends.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mrsdez6207 Were you able to try out the troubleshooting from my guy @SantiR here? Keep us posted.

@LizMa Your friends list should not be affected when restarting your Alta as that information is synced with your account over the cloud and not stored on the device itself. You could possibly lose activity data if the Alta hadn't been synced in a while. I recommend confirming that you signed into the same account that you previously had.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
I actually ended up going to my Verizon store and he found that the
location permissions had been updated so I needed to turn my location off
and then on again.
Best Answer

@Wakjob12 I moved your post into this thread as the two ladies above had the same experience and question.

I recommend doing as @mrsdez6207 said here, and making sure that you have your location services turned on if you're running the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS update as Google made some Bluetooth syncing permissions changes in this OS version. You can read more about those changes here.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is fixed now. Cleared everything from my Bluetooth list then re paired started working fine
Best Answer

@Wakjob12 Thanks for taking the time to give me an update. I greatly appreciate that and am happy to hear that you were able to get it resolved on your own. Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes