Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR stopped syncing with both phone and tablet

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Suddenly happened. I tried the help about re- pairing on my phone but it can't detect the fitbit. I tried one solution that worked for someone, where you delete fitbit from blue tooth pairings, force stop the app, turn off phone and on again and try and pair as a new device. Still won't detect it.

In case it's relevant, previously in the week fitbit had signed me out from everywhere and I had to reset my password to get back in on both phone and tablet. This never happened before.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

As it's not pairing to two devices it's probably a problem with the fitbit. I would try restarting your fitbit using this procedure:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.
    User-added image
  3. Press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Give this a few tries as it doesn't always work. If it still won't sync after that then there are some more ideas to try in this help file: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866/

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

As it's not pairing to two devices it's probably a problem with the fitbit. I would try restarting your fitbit using this procedure:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.
    User-added image
  3. Press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Give this a few tries as it doesn't always work. If it still won't sync after that then there are some more ideas to try in this help file: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866/

Best Answer

Thanks. Don't know why I didn't think of this myself as it had solved another problem in the past. I had to do the restart about 6 times, but all okay again now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What 3 buttons? My charger has none.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody!

@MaryMarguerite Welcome to the forums. I will gladly help you sync your Alta HR again with your mobile app. 

Thanks for your inquiry regarding the charging cable as well. The cable does not have 3 buttons. It has a button, which needs to be pressed 3 times in a row in order to restart the Alta HR (How do I restart my Fitbit device?). Here you have the link to the store, where you can see the button on the USB end of the cable. Fitbit Alta HR Charging cable - click here

Regarding syncing, I recommend you try the tips in this article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? - click here.

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes