Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR syncs at work despite it is a non compatible phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an Huawei P8 lite 2017 running Android 7, so I have to accept that currently its not a compatible device with some reluctance. So as anticipated at home I have spent 2 weeks trying to get the Alt HR to connect to my Bluetooth with no luck, only to find that the minute I return to the work environment this week it connects up and syncs etc. The environment in which I work is a rich Bluetooth environment with lots of people with lots of devices, but I don't understand how this would enable the connection between the Huawei P8 and the Alt HR. As soon as I go home again it stops working. So my question is why is this happening? and how can I maintain the connection without having to live the rest of my life in the office? 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @Alt-Fez, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! When your tracker syncs, are you able to see in live mode your Fitbit account through your app? Live data mode is when your tracker is connected in real time.

Do you have a dongle connected to a computer or any at your work is using a dongle through a computer?

One explanation I can find, is your Fitbit is built to keep you updated all the time; so when there is a dongle connected in a computer, this will act like a hotspot. But in the contrary to provide signal, it takes data and uploads to the owner's account without the need to log in specifically in to your Fitbit account. Rest assure about your privacy, if is not your dongle there is no way someone else obtain your information.

About the Huawei P8 lite is not compatible it wont necessarily mean it won't work. Whit non-compatible devices we cannot guarantee it will work flawlessly or it won't present any unexpected behavior. If you are experiencing issues to sync it won't hurt to try the following steps: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

Hope this helps and let me know if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer