Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta not pairing on Galaxy s7 edge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just purchased a 2nd hand (barely used) Alta after having problems trying to pair my charge to my phone.  went though lots of instructions with fitbit via email, for them to ultimately not be able to fix the problem and offer me 25% off their new highly priced trackers.  I cannot afford these, as most are over £100.

So purchasing a 2nd hand fitbit off a friend, I thought would fix my problem. However, I am having the same problems! The phone can find the tracker, but then is not able to sync and suggests i have my tracker close by and charged ... both of which is happening.  

I am very frustrated now... i just want to be able to track my steps and view the time!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @carlamagee.

Thanks for trying all of those steps with your previous Fitbit. I can definitely see how this can be very frustrating.

Let me help you get your Alta to sync. My first guess is that either your phone or the Alta are bonded to another device. To fix this I'd like to ask you to please get in touch with the previous owner of the Fitbit and have them go into their phone's Bluetooth settings. Once they are there, have them look for any Fitbit device that they are not actively using and remove them all from the paired devices list. Please also do this on your own S7. This will end any bonding that might have happened and should let you complete the setup

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Forums @carlamagee.

Thanks for trying all of those steps with your previous Fitbit. I can definitely see how this can be very frustrating.

Let me help you get your Alta to sync. My first guess is that either your phone or the Alta are bonded to another device. To fix this I'd like to ask you to please get in touch with the previous owner of the Fitbit and have them go into their phone's Bluetooth settings. Once they are there, have them look for any Fitbit device that they are not actively using and remove them all from the paired devices list. Please also do this on your own S7. This will end any bonding that might have happened and should let you complete the setup

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes