Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta not syncing with A5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am thinking of getting the fitbit alta however it does not list the samsung galaxy a5 as compatible - will it work?

Moderator edit: clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @ME2204! I hope you're doing great! 

The Samsung galaxy a5 is currently not a supported device. Although the galaxy a5 hasn't been fully tested and listed as supported, it wouldn't hurt to attempt to set up your galaxy a5 for syncing with these step. . Depending on your device, all features may not be fully functional. Keep an eye on this list as it will be listed there once fully tested.

Catch you later! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Is the Samsung Galaxy a5 tested now with Fitbit Alta and the app? I am planning to buy FitBit Alta

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit family@Anand007

Let me help you out, I was checking on the list of compatible devices the Samsung A5 is not compatible yet but you can try setting it up, I can not guarantee that's going to work but you can give it a try. You can check the video on this article in order to do the setup. 

Hope it helps!

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Samsung works just fine @MarginFitbit. I have a Galaxy Note 4, so don't be false about that. There is a syncing issue on Fitbit's end, that needs immediate attention.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey you @Kmlaw41, welcome to the Community Smiley Very Happy@MaginB is right let me say, unfortunately the Samsung A5 mobile device is still not included in the list. You can go ahead and install the Fitbit app to your phone and still use it to manually log your exercise, food or sleep. Even though the phone specs are the required ones, the tracker might not work properly when it comes to syncing.

On the other hand, if you have the Galaxy Note 4 I'd recommend following the steps I've shared here to solve the syncing issue. 

Let us know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to know if the Samsung A5 is compatible yet with the Alta?

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

It works fine for me.

M
Best Answer
0 Votes