Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta not turning on and Samsung S7 Edge not picking it up

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Can anyone tell me why the Samsung s7 edge isn't compatible but the s6 edge is? They're exactly the same practically? Also the wristband won't even turn on after being on charge for a while 😕

Thanks in advance
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I am using Samsung s7 Edge and don't have any problem with my Alta, which I got 6 days ago and I'm very happy with it. 

I just followed the setup instructions in Alta 101. Maybe you need to reboot your Alta and your phone and re-try? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

These S7 should be compatable, but I see the subject is about the Alta not turning on. Your phone won't be able to find a tracker that is turned off.

I suggest putting the Alta into the charger for 30 - 60 minutes.

Have you done the turn on procedure by putting the Alta in its charger, plugging the changed in, then pressing and releasing the button 3 time within 8 seconds?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Jenn20613 @DOVES Woman Very Happy I'm really happy to hear you both are using the Alta tracker, this is an awesome device. 

In regard to your current situation, the Galaxy S7 Edge is still not a supported syncing device, this is why you might be having some syncing issues. At the moment, there isn't an update in when this device will be compatible, however, keep an eye on our website or this article for any news on this.

Thanks for helping out my friend @Rich_Laue!

Have a great day guys!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes