Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android App keeps showing privacy reminder

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I close and re-open the app, I get shown the privacy reminder; it takes you to settings to verify your choices and then once you tap back to go to the dashboard, there is a further confirmation to agree. This happens every time I open the app.

I've tried various fixes found on this forum like logging out of the app and logging back in but none have worked.

It seems to have coincided with going abroad on holiday, but that may be coincidence.

Has anyone else experienced this recently and do you know any fixes?

Update

This also happens even if I leave the app running in the background all the time.

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

Since the last update, the app asks me to agree to the terms and conditions again and again even though I have already agreed 200 times. I'm getting a bit fed up with this. I have a Xiaomi android. Fitibit, are you listening? Can you please remove this agreement? It's annoying me.

Best Answer

Same problem here, just bought the new Sense 2, it consistently asks for privacy agreement, even though I've got the country I'm resident in, Germany, selected. Running Pixel 6 Android 13,, app is 3.68 xxxxx051. 

When I switch location to automatic it defaults to UK, (my Google account is a UK one) so I wonder if the app is looking at the Google account for privacy settings? 

The only time it doesn't ask for confirmation is when I've logged out of the app and log back on again, regardless of the location I've set be it Deutschland, Europe or UK.

Seriously thinking about sending this back, thought it would be a decent alternative to the underwhelming sounding new Pixel watch but having second thoughts now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! Please can you fix this. 

Best Answer

Are you using Xiaomi?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here!! It's really annoying!! I thought it was my settings

I'm using Poco X3 (I think it's a Xiaomi).

Fitbit développer can you fix this!!! So frustrating to go to the app and have to accept the T&C Every time 

Best Answer

Yes, it's Xiaomi. I'm using the Xiaomi Poco F3. I did a Google search and found that this isn't the first time this has happened with Xiaomi phones (at least a couple of years ago). The last time Xiaomi users had to wait more than six months for an update. If Fitibit does not fix this problem within the next 10 days I'm sending it back asking for a refund. This really is unacceptable.

Best Answer

I've got a Samsung... its so strange, I keep on accepting the terms... not sure why I have to keep doing that 😐

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Using an Asus ZenFone 9 running Android 12. Very frustrating 😩

Looks like there is already a thread on this issue here https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Android-App-keeps-showing-privacy-reminder/td-p/5189846

Best Answer

Looks like it's a recurring problem which they still haven't bothered to fix. No other app on my phone does this. 

Best Answer

Mine also corresponded with going to Europe from the UK.

Redmi Note 9

Android version 11

Fitbit Flex User
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just returned back to the UK from Europe and can confirm that the problem has resolved itself for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone contacted Fitbit about this? 

Currently we are on the community board, discussing the issue among the community of fitbit users. 

Best Answer

Started happening to me today on Galaxy S8.

Best Answer

For me, the fix was what many others have suggested. Check the country is set correctly in the app settings. Once that was done all was good for me. 

Fitbit Flex User
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. This is exactly what I'm dealing with now & I'm not sure how to make it stop. Let me know if you find a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same exact problem here, on my new Pixel 7 Pro with the brand new Pixel Watch. So far, I'm pretty disappointed with the Fitbit experience, really wish it just used Google Fit...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted them earlier today, they couldn't figure it out and said they would escalate it 🙄🙄🙄

I haven't gone out of the country and my vpn and location are matching and still I'm having the same issue with this issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me.  Pixel 7 pro and pixel watch.  Really disappointed with the Fitbit App in general. I came from a old Garmin and the experience was far better 

Best Answer

I'm too on a Pixel 7 Pro and have the same issue. It's very annoying 😑

At this state I can't recommend the app

Best Answer

I found a solution for the same issue I was having when first moved from India to Sweden. I installed the fitbit app on my laptop from the microsoft store, logged in and accepted the prompt over there. it has not come back since then. Although I have a feeling it worked because my laptop has been manufactured here locally in sweden. So if it does not work for you, try using a machine which was manufactured locally in the country you are in. 

Best Answer
0 Votes