Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android App keeps showing privacy reminder

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I close and re-open the app, I get shown the privacy reminder; it takes you to settings to verify your choices and then once you tap back to go to the dashboard, there is a further confirmation to agree. This happens every time I open the app.

I've tried various fixes found on this forum like logging out of the app and logging back in but none have worked.

It seems to have coincided with going abroad on holiday, but that may be coincidence.

Has anyone else experienced this recently and do you know any fixes?

Update

This also happens even if I leave the app running in the background all the time.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

Thank you so much for your patience and continued reports in regards to this situation. I'm glad to announce that the issue with privacy reminders should be fully resolved with Android app 3.69 version. To download the latest app version, please visit the Google Play Store here. Because this is a progressive roll out, if you don't see it available yet, check later.

You can see the Fitbit app version following these steps: 

• Open the Fitbit app and tap on your "Profile icon" (top left)
  • Tap on "Help and Support" > the version should be displayed at the top (i.e. Version 3.69).

Please don't hesitate to let me know if the issue persists, so I can keep our team informed. We really appreciate you feedback.

See you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
115 REPLIES 115

1 week ago my Fitbit versa 3 stopped tracking my sleep, I tried everything suggested on this forum, it still doesn't track sleep. I have loaded up the new upgrade firmware, cleaned it, reloaded app, factory rest, everything and it still doesn't help. Now every time I try to sync I get this stupid privacy reminder which I have to agree to popping up. It is utter useless.... fed up with Fitbit.

Anyone else with the same issues? 

Best Answer

Nope. 

Do you see any type of sleep recorded? 

Best Answer

Hi,

Nothing, it doesn't record any sleep measurements at all. One day it worked perfectly the next day nothing, I have tried absolutely everything. I have had 2 Fitbits now and after 12-14 months they start to do stupid annoying things like this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here..no info for almost a week. Syncd for 1 day but no sleep info.

-----------

Interesting that after i signed up for my free 6 mo. Premium acct i got the sleep data for last week!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know, but I never close the Fitbit app and see no reason to do so.  I let it run in the back ground.  Closing the app will prevent it from syncing.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thanks JohnnyRow, I've updated the post as this happens even when I leave the app open.

@Fitbit do you have any fixes for this?

Best Answer

Hi,

When I open the app I receive the privacy reminder that I keep agreeing, but it always comes back every time I open the app. It has been 2 days like that, because of this I don't receive any notifications on my Luxe. I tried to log out, to uninstall it, to open the app via another phone, there is always the same issue. How can I fix it? Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Hi,

I have a Fitbit charge 5. For the past few days, whenever I launch the app on my android phone, I get the privacy reminder pop up. When I click agree, it takes me to the settings, then back, then agree again to see the app.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Welcome to the Community Forums to all new users. 

@JohnnyRow and @Rich_Laue I really appreciate your help!

@GlenC1975 Thank you for trying those steps. If you've already tried all troubleshooting steps from this help article:  It's best if you can try to chat with us online or give us a call to keep assisting you with more specific steps. Click here to get connected.

@TheFrenchJuju Have you checked this help article? 

Thanks for reporting this issue with privacy notifications and for all steps that you've tried until now. In order to further investigate this, please provide with the following information: 

• Model and OS/software version of your phone? 
  • If you're still getting the privacy reminders please take a screenshot and attach it to your reply

We appreciate your patience while we work on solving this.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi YojanaFitbit,

I've got a Motorola Moto G7 Play running Android 10. Screenshots below.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20220723-074306.png

Screenshot_20220723-074320.png

Best Answer

Same for me.

One plus 8 pro, app version 3.63.1, Andorid 12

Best Answer

I have done a factory reset of my phone for another reason and the problem has now stopped. However, given others are experiencing the same problem across different Android versions and hardware, it would be great to know if there is a fix @Fitbit 

Best Answer

Exact same issue. Every time I open the app, this pops up. After a while, it got annoying already.

Best Answer

Also having same issue. Tried restarting phone, reinstalling app multiple times. Nothing helps. Really annoying issue. Hopefully Fitbit can solve

Best Answer

Screenshot_20220730-125236.png

Screenshot_20220730-125535.png

Versa 3 on Android. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20220730-125246.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me with the latest app version and firmware version on a Samsung S21 5G and Fitbit Charge 5.

Best Answer

Every single time I enter the application I get hit with this privacy reminder and then, after exiting the settings, a confirmation for the settings as well. There's nothing to be changed, it just keeps asking this over and over again. Is there anything I can do? Or should I just throw the device in the trash and buy something else?

Best Answer

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue...like you it started when I went on holiday. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer