Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android App keeps showing privacy reminder

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I close and re-open the app, I get shown the privacy reminder; it takes you to settings to verify your choices and then once you tap back to go to the dashboard, there is a further confirmation to agree. This happens every time I open the app.

I've tried various fixes found on this forum like logging out of the app and logging back in but none have worked.

It seems to have coincided with going abroad on holiday, but that may be coincidence.

Has anyone else experienced this recently and do you know any fixes?

Update

This also happens even if I leave the app running in the background all the time.

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115
Thank you. I will try it
Best Answer
0 Votes

unfortunately I'm on Windows 11 and there is no option to install the software from the Windows Store.

Beside that I'm on a brand new account on a new mobile and watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here: Pixel 7 Pro & Pixel Watch and as soon as I'm closing and reopening the app it'll ask to confirm the privacy rules again. Really annoying.

Best Answer

Never had it I travelled from the UK to Spain this week. Now back in the UK it has stopped being an issue again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I seem to have stopped it happening. 

I downloaded the Fitbit App on my iPad and accepted the terms and conditions on that.  It has not come back since on my android phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think in my case, it has something to do with my VPN. If I disable my VPN, it stops asking for the agreement. My VPN location is the same location in the app, so I'm not sure why that is causing an issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thank you so much for your patience and continued reports in regards to this situation. I'm glad to announce that the issue with privacy reminders should be fully resolved with Android app 3.69 version. To download the latest app version, please visit the Google Play Store here. Because this is a progressive roll out, if you don't see it available yet, check later.

You can see the Fitbit app version following these steps: 

• Open the Fitbit app and tap on your "Profile icon" (top left)
  • Tap on "Help and Support" > the version should be displayed at the top (i.e. Version 3.69).

Please don't hesitate to let me know if the issue persists, so I can keep our team informed. We really appreciate you feedback.

See you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Edit: Scratch this - I am still on the old version -will update once I've downloaded and installed the new version (which is not available yet in the Play Store for me)

The issue persists here, also after the new update.

Specs:
Fitbit app ver: 15 September 2022 (3.68)

Samsung Galaxy S21+
Android ver. 12,

Google Play System Update: 1 sep. 2022

ONE Ui ver: 4.1

I haven't travelled in any way since I bought the Fitbit Charge 5 and logged back into my account. And I haven't used a VPN, on mobile or on any desktop devices with my Fitbit account.

Best Answer

Hi there, @beatwolf, Thanks for sharing your information with us and for confirming that Android app 3.69 version is still not available for your region. I will be waiting for your confirmation once you get this new version, please keep me posted.

Have a great day.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Yojana

This issue is happening for me with the new Pixel Watch, which is less than ideal so it seems to have stopped the watch and fitbit synching for the past three days.

How do I gain access to the 3.69 version? I would have hoped Pixel Watch and Pixel Phones high up your roll out priorty.

Thanks for the support. Jack

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've been refreshing the play store for the last few days. Finally, this
afternoon v3.69 appeared and it seems to have resolved the issue for me
after accepting the privacy terms one last time

Thank you
Best Answer
Superb - thank you Simon
Best Answer
0 Votes

@simonflk Thanks for confirming that Android Fitbit app 3.69 fixed this issue for you. I really appreciate the feedback.

@pixelWatchJT Good question, you can find instructions on how to fix syncing issues and reinstalling the Fitbit app on your phone here: Why won't my Pixel Watch sync?

Have a great day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue persist even with version 3.69 😢

Best Answer

Hi, yesterday it suddenly started working for me as it should for the first time ever. I bought my fitbit in the start of August and the app hasn't worked as it should until now. I pray it stays this way.

This is on Huawei p30 Pro with Emui 

Best Answer

@christ0 Thanks for sharing this information with us. I'm glad to know that Android Fitbit app 3.69 fixed this issue for you too.

@Arosado Can you please confirm that you've followed the suggested steps here to avoid receiving privacy reminders every time you open the Fitbit app?

Thank you for your help.

Best Answer