Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android App keeps showing privacy reminder

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I close and re-open the app, I get shown the privacy reminder; it takes you to settings to verify your choices and then once you tap back to go to the dashboard, there is a further confirmation to agree. This happens every time I open the app.

I've tried various fixes found on this forum like logging out of the app and logging back in but none have worked.

It seems to have coincided with going abroad on holiday, but that may be coincidence.

Has anyone else experienced this recently and do you know any fixes?

Update

This also happens even if I leave the app running in the background all the time.

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

This has happened to both me and my OT when we arrived in a new country. We did have some trouble getting the time to sync so had to switch it off and on in the app.

It's a major pain.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the screenshots and your efforts while working on this matter. As mentioned before, our team is aware of this issue and they're working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. I understand where you're coming from and apologize the inconvenience this has caused. Please know I'll update this thread as soon as I receive more information from our team.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Same with me since on holiday abroad 

Best Answer

like others in the group, I was also travelling when this issue started. I have now returned to Canada from Europe (was using a EU sim) and I haven't been seeing the repeated privacy reminder. Maybe that helps with the trouble shooting. 

Best Answer

Yes I'm getting the same problem. On holiday abroad and keep getting the privacy reminder. I agree to it and then it comes up again. 

Best Answer

I think its the same for everyone. I am also be staying in Europe for almost a year. Will I have to keep agreeing on this privacy reminder for that whole duration? lol 😅😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue. I to am on holiday so I changed my location in the app to the country I am in and that seems to have fixed it. 

Best Answer

I went into the settings to try this but unfortunately the country I am in isn't listed 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
Which country are you in?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Currently in Cyprus 

Best Answer

Android 12, latest Fitbit app (3.64.5). Every time I launch the app it displays a Privacy Reminder. Must read then proceed to settings, click back, then Agree before being able to reach the main screen. Have tried logging out and back in, force closing the app, restarting phone, uninstalling and reinstalling app, but reminder still appears on every start.

Best Answer

Hello @jongarvin and welcome to the Community.  This is a known problem with the Android app.  I'm merging your post with the thread in the Android forum.  Watch for updates there.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

The privacy reminder only seems to be coming up if my phone is not connected to WIFI.  If I'm on phone network only I can't use the app at all.  This is really frustrating!

Best Answer

I changed in profile and in app settings... no change... did I miss one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your continued reports about this situation and for your patience. Can you please confirm if this continue with the recent Fitbit app update version 3.65, released two days ago?

Please know your feedback and help while we work on solving this is greatly appreciated.

@Leprekorn I'm glad this workaround worked for you, thank you for sharing it.

Please keep me posted.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still running VERSION 3.64.5 as 3.65 doesn't appear in the play store (running a pixel 6)

G

Best Answer

@BiggestNizzy Thanks for confirming this information. I'm sure you will have the option on Play Store soon since we're continuing to roll-out this update in some regions. Thanks for your patience.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbit 

This is still happening for me even after downloaded the app update 2 days ago. It's really frustrating my Fitbit also doesn't seem to track my sleep since the update either. I'm not sure if this is coincidence but I'm becoming really annoyed with my Fitbit.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still can't see the update in the play store for Android.  So frustrated being unable to use the app because of this stupid privacy reminder. When will the update be released and will it actually fix this issue?  Since my Sense charger has also malfunctioned after only 3 months of use I'm starting to feel ready to ditch fitbit altogether and find something else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, same with me. Android. Versa 2. Tried clearing cache and logging out into account.

Best Answer
0 Votes