Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app. Clock Face Customization Problem

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to enter the customization field for any clock face (including FitBit clocks) the screen on the app goes blank and it freezes. I'm unable to customize any clock face I have (3rd party Free or Purchased or designed by FitBit). Please help!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@DarioAB , Thank you for your reply. Our team was informed and are looking into this. They'll work on a solution afterwards. Hope this gets solved soon. I'll be updating the thread as soon as I get more info. 

We appreciate your patience

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

I've found that since this so called 'better version app', rolled out, i am having increasingly more and more problems with it. This seems to be a common theme across the Fitbit community, the comments that i read are people expressing their anger at having a perfectly usable app, replaced with one that is quite frankly, garbage! My question to the Fitbit team is simple, when are you going to listen to your loyal Fitbit community and either revert back to the old working app or speed the process of fixing these ever increasing new app problems out? Sooner or later a lot of these loyal Fitbit users, will seek out better alternatives.

Best Answer

@DarioAB @chuffrunner30 , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your messages and reports. 

If you haven't done so, please go to the settings on your phone> Apps> Fitbit App and delete the cache. 
Restart your phone (off /on).

Try to change the clock face again.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually I went further and uninstalled the fitbit app, reinstalled it and resynced it to my Sense 2. The problem persists. When the new fitbit App came out, I initially had not problems. There have been no updates since either. I have no idea what's causing the issue. I've tried different Clock Faces and ones created by Fitbit and still nothing works. I hope a solution comes in the form of an update, as I don't think there is anything I can do to resolve the issue on my end.

Best Answer

@DarioAB , Thank you for your reply. Our team was informed and are looking into this. They'll work on a solution afterwards. Hope this gets solved soon. I'll be updating the thread as soon as I get more info. 

We appreciate your patience

Best Answer

I appreciate all your help and attention!

Best Answer

I hope this gets fixed soon. The only reason why i use this watch is for the customizability for bands and clock faces. 

Best Answer

When I go click "customize clock face" in the fitbit app, the screen simply goes blank. I have tried re-installing, restarting, etc. Any tips? I am not a fan of the default clock face.

This issue happens when trying various other features in the fitbit app, too.

Merry Christmas to all

Best Answer

Same issue here. Sense 2 with Android app. Can't customize watch faces. Get a blank screen. Tried rebooting, wifi/data toggle, etc etc

Best Answer

Same exact problem here, Sense 2 with Android.  Just downloaded the app and set up my brand new watch, and can't customize any watch faces as I get a blank white screen.

Best Answer

@jandy6 @Bingo349 @DarioAB @ksfarmgirl17 , A warm welcome to the Community !Thank you for your messages and feedback.  As mentioned on the Best Answer. 

Our team is aware of the situation and working on a solution for it. 
The post was marked as Best Answer, so that other users who visit the thread know that our team is working on solving this. 

I'll update the thread as soon as I receive further information 

Best Answer

@Samda1 Nice to see you again in the forums. Thanks for reaching out about the clock faces tile on the Fitbit app. 

I moved your post here to keep an order in the community. Please note that this is a general situation that has been reported. Fitbit is already aware and working on a solution. I really appreciate your patience. Thanks again!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, Mr. JuanFitBit~ your suggestion didn’t work. I went through the steps and I STILL can’t customize my clock settings, nor my temperature settings (Fahrenheit/Celsius).

This is extremely frustrating. I worked for a couple of hours tonight trying different things thinking it was something I was doing wrong. Finally gave up and came here to see if anyone else had a problem. HA!! Come to find out, I’m definitely not the only one, and it wasn’t me that was the problem.

What IS the problem? How hard can it be for your people to solve these problems? Everything was working just fine a month ago when I changed the picture on my clock face and was able to access my settings on the app. No more!

I’m NOT a happy camper!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jgnlovessnoopy As a developer myself, I know that seemingly minor changes to an app can have severe consequences if not tested properly before release.  Devs break things all the time without realizing.  "How hard can it be"?  Gosh, I don't know, how about you go look at the code and solve it in a few hours? This issue was reported to them on the 19th.  Between then and now, Christmas occurred.  Do you want them working over Christmas, away from their families, just to make your silly app be able to customize some features once again? This is such a first world problem.  We could be starving instead, but all we have is a temporary minor inconvenience with an app.  Have some patience

Best Answer

This is more than a minor inconvenience.  Using this watch to receive data from my 4 year olds continous glucose monitor. The reason I spent the amount of money I did was for this feature.  Is been longer than it was reported even its frustrating to not have something so important work as you rely on into do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to change my photograph, now I just get a blank screen and very frustrating as I now have a Christmas picture and can't change it. It worked before the latest update 

Best Answer

That’s my problem too. And, even though my app is set to Fahrenheit on the temperature setting, my Fitbit displays Celsius. I’ve tried different ways to change it. One of them just gives a blank screen like it does when you try and change the picture. VERY frustrating.

Best Answer

Thank you for telling us you're working on it, but this has been an issue for WEEKS!  To mark this thread as ANSWERED is fraudulent as hell!  You give the false impression that this thing has solved and it has not.  Even worse for this "issue" to have been going on this long, to only recently been ESCALATED to the development team and for it to have lingered past the Christmas holidays really seems to indicate that something else is going on here.  I'd personally prefer if you simply stated "we're no longer supporting 3rd party apps" or whatever and let us make a decision on whether to continue with this piece of tech.

----

which garmin did you use?  by that i mean which model...

----

they keep giving us some pretty basic solutions as if we don't know to do that.  want to be really be enraged?  got to chat with the service dept!  you'll want to punch walls!

Best Answer

It was suggested that I subscribe to this thread.  I'm assuming that by clicking on the "this thread" phrase in the e-mail sent that took me here automatically subscribed me since I don not see any other instructions within to officially subscribe.  I created a topic, that I believe was edited by Marrefitbit to "Can't change the weather settings as the page is not loading".

Best Answer

i dont think this is resolved yet. still waiting for a resolution.

Best Answer