Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app. Clock Face Customization Problem

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to enter the customization field for any clock face (including FitBit clocks) the screen on the app goes blank and it freezes. I'm unable to customize any clock face I have (3rd party Free or Purchased or designed by FitBit). Please help!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

Hi @Morricone can you give us the version of the Fitbit app that was updated this morning for you? I still see the 4.06 in the play store 

Best Answer

Hello,

My version here is 4.08.0.

(That's why I indicated I am in the EU, I was not sure they release it everywhere at the same time. The funny thing is that Fitbit already left Hungary a couple of months ago - among other EU countries as well.)

Best Answer

he's right.  i'm seeing that version being talked about but others with problems monitoring their exercise are still complaining that it hasn't solved jack.  you can download it from other places other than the google store but i'm still trying to see which is best....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow and i just bought a Scale that didn't sync correctly and had to return it. Guessing it too was Android 11 on my phone. I'm not buying a new phone just to use this defective app.

I bought 2 watches (versa 4 and sense 2) at xmas just to use the sdk and set up my own watch faces. If not fixed before my return window, they go back.

Best Answer

I can also confirm that with the 4.08.0 version just recently installed, I can now manage the clock faces.

I'm also on Android 11 and have been unable to do this since late last year. 

Really relieved that something has finally been done about this issue. 

Best Answer

Where are you located? In the Andriod Google Play store there is no such version available.

Best Answer

hey bro~!  i feel your pain.  once dude said that it was out in Hungary i just searched for fitbit 4.08.0.  make no mistake that you're gonna see some what appears to be some sketchy sites that have the update but i said the hell with it and picked one that seemed safe and did the update.  WORKED LIKE A CHAMP!  i guess you're gonna have to take your chances and roll the dice but i promise on everything i love that it worked for me.  i won't link the site cause if it turns bad i don't want responsibility for it but the update is out there fam!  

of course this brings the issue back to why fitbit and google store haven't updated but that's another discussion for another time.  i have all my clockfaces working and i'm thrilled.  who knew something so simple would turn out to be so needed (at least in my case)

Best Answer

I'm in the UK, so I'm guessing the rollout of the new version is being phased, probably with European locations being prioritised. Hopefully it hits the Playstore for everyone soon to keep it simple (and safe) 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lucky you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI everyubody ! Thank you for confirming that the issue gets solved with the new app update. 

Just to clarify ! The Fitbit app is rolled out independently from your location. It doesn't matter if you are in Asia, America or Europe. 

We appreciate your patience until everyone gets the new update. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having the same issues with both the clock faces and all customizable apps such as the weather app. I am new to the fitbit community and am extremely frustrated that I spent $320.00 (CAD) for my Fitbit Sense 2 and Premium Membership just to have all these issues. I have read that many people are having these issues since the latest app "update", but it seems the app was not updated but actually downgraded from a perfectly usable app to an app filled with malfunctions and bugs.

I have also had further struggles contacting support through the Fitbit website using the "24/7 LIVE Chat" as it takes me to a page that simply states "The page you're attempting to reach is on a different journey. Go back to Home Page?" This just makes me feel like Fitbit corporation is happy to ignore the customers and our questions, concerns and complaints and would rather leave the issues as is instead of fix them.

I am hoping these bugs are sorted soon as it seems they have been present for at least a month and a half now. Completely unacceptable.

Best of luck! I hope your fitness/health conscious lifestyle journey is (for the most part) unaffected by these issues! 

-Serene

Best Answer
0 Votes