Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875

Thanks! I'm going to try that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! MyFitnessPal it is!

Best Answer

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 and versa 2

Earlier in the day, my fitbit was saying I logged 1800 calories. Then at some point after logging one of my meals, it  said something like 1200 calories. Each meal and snack category lists the right total amount of calories written (ie. 500 for lunch, 700 for dinner) , which  is over 2300 calories, but the app says overall, I've only consumed 1100. I've tried force closing the app, changing the categories. 

Best Answer

Same, except when I tried adding in an evening snack it "deleted" ALL of my calories in, so my bar graph says 0 while all the food/calories are still logged in. I was hoping to come here for help but this may be a new bug 

Best Answer

For about a week now, my FitBit app (Android phone) has stopped showing my calorie count on the dashboard. When I tap it to view the data, everything is recorded as it should be. I have uninstalled the app, restarted my phone, cleared cache and data...  nothing seems to be working to show I've consumed calories unless I enter the menu.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same experience with the Food Tile. My problem began with version 3.591 Android on a Samsung 20-plus. Very frustrating when you count on the calorie info. I have warned friends and family not to do the update. Too bad there does not seem to be a way to regress back to the previous version prior to the Food Tile bug.

Best Answer

This worked temporarily but I am now having the same issue again. I really don't want to have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling every time this happens. Will there be a fix for this soon? Because if not I'm seriously considering a different app.

Best Answer

I enter my food on the smartphone app but it does not appear on the website dashboard. exercises do though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi  there, did anyone figure this out? It's been going on for at least a week, my tracker online shows zero input and on my phone, the intake isn't showing up unless I physically click into entering food, it doesn't show on the mobile screen dashboard either. Neither does the water intake. 

Best Answer

It's been two weeks since the macros calculator stopped working and started showing ridiculously inflated numbers. For example, it says I consumed 4,731 grams of carbs on a day I know I consumed 215g. Same days shows 928 g of protein consumed, when I only consumed 140). I've had to pay $9.99 for the Lifesum app to have access to a working macro tracker WHILE simultaneously paying the same for my Premium account with Fitbit.

I've interacted with customer service four times. Every time they've said they are working on it. How can it take this long for a company like Fitbit to fix a problem like this?

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

I've merged some of your posts to this thread, as this will help me to keep our team informed. Thanks for keeping me posted, and your efforts while troubleshooting the Fitbit app. Our team is working on this situation and to further investigate what may be occurring, please provide me with the following:

1. Are you using the Quick Calorie Add function?
  2. If not, how are you logging your calories? Let me know the exact steps used to log the calories.
  3. Have you made sure your phone meets the compatibility requirements?

I'm sorry for this inconvenience, and I appreciate your patience. Rest assured your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me the entire food tile isn't working.

The remaining calories are wrong, I am logging food with quick add and once I add the calories are tracked but the servings are wrong. I've tried other ways to log besides quick add and have same issue.

I am using compatible phone because everything worked fine before version 3.591

Best Answer
I am logging calories using the app app, but the recent foods and custom
foods do not save ever so you always have to re add them again every time.

The app widget itself then doesn't update at all and the online web
dashboard isn't carrying the food logs across either.

I basically think the server connection is broken hence the widget not
reflecting the changes and the web dashboard never showing anything you've
added.

Google pixel 6 pro. Android 12. June update. Charge 5. Latest update.

Chris
Best Answer

I can add quick calories just fine which is what I've had to do since this whole debacle started.  My issue is that when I create a custom food and then add it to my food for the day anything I enter after that stops calculating in my main calorie count and then after a couple entries everything dissapears from the date I entered that custom food and the custom food itself dissappears.  I've lost days worth of meals I've logged multiple times because customer support tells me to restart and clear and delete and log out and do the hokey pokey and it still doesn't fix it.  I make a lot of my own custom foods so I don't have to list every single ingredient and I would like to be able to track my macros etc.  I've been entering what I can and doing quick calories for my custom foods and using another app to properly track.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not use the quick calories. I have only been adding calories via "custom". The "frequent" and "recent" do not reflect current usage.  The dashboard tile is always "0", but the calorie total shows correctly under "Today's Budget..". The bar graph is just wonky as hell. Some days it works, some days no.

I use a Samsung Note 9, which is compatible with the 3.60 update i am currently using. I lost all calorie data, back to 5/19when I uninstall/reinstalled. as suggested by support.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

I have never used the quick add function. Only ever adding through the data base search or barcode scan. The food items add, but the overall calorie count does not add up and i have the issue of my nutrients section being waaaay off. My phone is compatible. Google pixel 3 XL. Thank you for taking the steps to find the issue, it is appreciated. 

-------

Forgot to add that custom foods do not save or function right either. The servings do not show up and just list the number "1" in the amount section with the calories i input it as next to it. Foods also do not save to recent foods either. Thanks again.

Best Answer

First of all it all worked until about 2.5 weeks ago so I don't want to hear about phone compatibility.

2nd, I used to use quick add, search, favorites.  All of it and not of it works on the phone app anymore.

Dito to what Chris83rose said.  And again it all worked until about 2.5 weeks. ago

Moderator Edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
Mine just started working properly.About 4 weeks ago, I didn’t do anything
special, just powered off iPhone and on again.
I use quick calorie on food log . It is also recording water now .
Best Answer
I've been using Lose It for 2 weeks and it works great, syncs seamlessly
with Fitbit for exercise.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Been going on for some time for me.  Uninstalled and reinstalled app on apple tablet, worked for two weeks, now losing logged foods again, just lost whole day of foods for yesterday.  Was there this morning, now gone.

Best Answer
0 Votes