Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875

Same issue

Uninstalled, reinstalled numerous times, and no change. Been like this for a few months. 

Very disappointing. 

Best Answer

Update finally worked, let's hope it stays put.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated to 3.63 on my Android a couple days ago.  Thus far the app seems to WORK!

For today, I entered two items off the menu (French Toast and Coffee) for 257 calories total.  Unlike the 3.62 version, the 257 calories tracked to the app's home page and when I went to the browser screen, the same items appeared for 257 calories.  All worked like expected. 

Seraphim49, what did you do different from what I did? 

Since the earlier app did appear to work sometimes, I'm holding off yet to say all is fixed, but it looks promising thus far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you been able to create new custom foods on the app and have them log and show both in food log page and on food tile. And more importantly remain there after "closing" the app. I am still in 359.1 as I have found work around to create new custom foods in the app. Only issue I have.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@EScottR

Nothing different. Just like you, everything thing I logged on my phone
synced over to the dashboard perfectly. But on the phone, the app adds the
individual calories to the summary of calories for each meal. The app then
shows me as eating double the amount.
Best Answer
0 Votes

After logging all of my food, the calorie graph shows 0, the calories are not calculating.

Uggghhhhh

Best Answer

same here.

manged to get 2 days logged and stay on the app. then today bang its taken last 2 days off, and removed them from the dashboard as well.

noitced it this morning that it was not logging it right.

only short term thing i can think off todo is to log out of the app each morning and sign back in.

had issues for over a week now. shocking really

Best Answer
0 Votes

Get the work experience kids on to it. Probs quicker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!

I've been tracking my calories every day since May 16th. Everything from bar codes, searched items, or the manually enetered custom foods. Well as of this past Wednesday (July 13th), any food item I've manually entered using the custom food entry has been wiped, causing every single day to read my calories inaccurately. While I've made progress and the data is a nice to have, I find it frustrating as I do reuse a lot of those custom food items frequently. Is it impossible to recover or is this a reoccurring bug?

Best Answer

Hi Gigimarie88this happened to me too! I just noticed today. It's very frustrating as I prepare large batches of custom recipes for meal prepping. I don't want to enter all the ingredients every time. I hope they fix this soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on Android operating system and this is happening for me too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this and it did not resolve the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have the same issue. I tried logging out and back in, but that did not resolve the issue for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for keeping me posted, and the time taken while working on this matter. While I'm happy some of you got this sorted out after updating the Fitbit app, I'm sorry this hasn't been the case for others. Your feedback is also appreciated and it has been provided to our team so they can work and bring a permanent fix to all our members.

In the meantime, please make sure your phone meets the compatibility requirements in order to receive updates. Once I have more details, I'll update this thread.
Best Answer

I've got the same problem. I've spoke to customer support and did everything they said and still it's a problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

I'm happy to share with you that this issue has been fixed with the 3.63 version. If you haven't done so, I'd recommend updating the Fitbit app on your Android devices. As mentioned before, make sure your phone meets the compatibility requirements in order to receive updates.

I'm going to close this thread. However, if by any chance you're having issues after this update, please start a new thread in the Help Forums. This will help us to prevent any confusion and keep the forums organized.

I truly appreciate your patience and feedback throughout this process. We'll keep working to make Fitbit more useful for you.

Best Answer