Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875

Exactly this. The food is tracked and updated locally, not synced with the website, then lost on logout. Which is weird since all the other data syncs successfully.

The problem is intermittent, and doesn't seem limited to .59 or .60 versions. Both have find reporting is working, then stops.

Really feels like a backend syncing API issue, which won't be fixed with a client update.

I'm going back to Lose It! Free version for food and calorie tracking. Fitbit app still works with hardware, to log steps and workouts and heart rate and sleep and such. I'm just moving the food tracking to an other app.

Oh, and on the website, the control panel says it needs Adobe Flash to display food info. That's been killed a long time ago, and is unsupported.

Best Answer

Is the Fitbit app not compatible with Android 11? I'm having the same issues (calories weren't showing up, reinstalled the app and a whole week of tracking just disappeared) and they started right after my phone updated its OS.

Best Answer

Jmm01 - around the same time the food log issue started the app for me also started not auto-recognizing any walks and it used to update as soon as I opened it now I have to "drag down" from the top for it to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ashleylouise158, it looks like your android is fine 🙂 it's the 3.60 that doesn't work!

Screenshot_20220614-141404_Google Play Store.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still have 3.59. The new version doesn't show up in the Play store for me. So apparently neither of them work. Fun! 

Best Answer

Yeah, I saw that, too.  Pretty telling no one is updating the website.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got this working by reinstalling. I anticipated that I would lose all
locally stored data on my phone so before the reinstall I manually entered
all the data stored locally on my phone into the web dashboard. I then
double checked that the app sync'd the data from the web dashboard,
reinstalled and everything sync'd back.

It has been working since then. Hopefully it doesn't break.

Fyi, I'm using Android v35.9.1. Yes, this is the Android build reported in
most of this thread as having this issue, not sure why it's working now.
This feels like a backend issue rather than an issue with the app itself.
Proceed at your own risk.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Please God, don't let them update the website version! It's the only one
that is working for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

They asked me for the screenshots as well.  This was the third time connecting with them. Now I'm waiting.

Best Answer

This hasn't solved anything for most of us.  It shouldn't be a "Best Answer."

Best Answer
Completely agreed.
Jinah Park
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop
Best Answer

I also updated, turned phone off, turned back on, reinstalled still not recording food. Unbelievable!!!!!

Best Answer

As cool as 456 would be its totally off. Im not going to uninstall and reinstall anymore because it just keeps removing food logs.. Weeks guys. 😞  Some of us really rely on this part of the app. It works fine on the site as others have said but no one wants to go through that much of a hassle. I really liked tracking my fiber but I haven't been able to this last month.

Screenshot_20220616-170057.png

Best Answer

I have 3.60 as well, it's logging my food intake one day then dropping the calories off my graph the next day, this is not going to be useful if it's NOT fixed.

Best Answer

My app is up to date and each time I either log out and log back in, or uninstall and reinstall app I loose the history and app still doesn't work correctly very frustrating.

-----------

What app? And does it work with Charge 5?

Best Answer

Has anyone just scrapped the Fitbit app and synced with a different app like MyFitnessPal? I'm tempted. 

Best Answer

The update is not showing for me (android UK) When will it be available?

Food logging has not been working properly for months now. I have cleared app cache & data, force stopped app, logged out, rebooted phone several times over to no avail. Hugely frustrating! 

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your continued feedback. I understand some of you haven't been prompted to update the Fitbit app, and because the 3.60 version didn't work for all of you, I've escalated this to our team so they can investigate and develop a permanent fix. I apologize for this inconvenience and rest assured every feedback posted in this thread has been forwarded to them.

I'll mark this post as the Best Answer, not because this issue is solved, but so others can know we're looking into this. While every opinion is welcome, please keep in mind the Community Guidelines when posting.

Best Answer

I've also had this issue.  I have a Charge 5 so all of my calorie editing and tracking is in the app.  From the app's home page the calorie section looks as though I haven't input anything for the day, but when I got into that section it displayed the food I've logged.  Just today the graph of my logged food shows nothing for yesterday, but I can view the logged food in my history.

I've also noticed that the color and status for this second( green, red, blue) sometimes don't show up accurately.  I think I've generally seen this for the graph portion more so than other places 

Best Answer

I am using MyFitnessPal and it syncs with the fitbit app.  No problems.  The food entered is basically transferred without the details but the calories are there and the dial and bar graph works.  I recommend it until they fix Fitbit.   

Best Answer