Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875

I also experience this issue. When I log quick calories, it dissappear from the screen. The bar of intake calories goes back to zero and the actual log disappear from screen. Only hours later when I zinc it shows only one ex. My breakfast, I have to scroll several weeks to show lunch.

Best Answer

Similar issue, but I've noted a strange behavior between the website and the app.

1. If I add calories with the app, it appears not to log them. I've force stopped the app, rebooted my phone, etc., but no luck.
  2. If I got to the website to input my calories, it wouldn't show the ones I've added to my phone, HOWEVER, when I add the item that I wanted to add, all of the previous items that I added now show up, including on my phone.
  3. Fortunately, I can just delete the duplicates then.

Best Answer

Logging food isn't working properly. I enter it and it doesn't show up

Best Answer
0 Votes

s of last night I had data entered going back to August 2019 to present.  My recorded food intake between May 11 and May 18 was no longer present this morning.  Also, the graph showing calories burned and calories in is no longer showing calories in.  All of the data I entered is still there, except for between May 11 & 18, but it is no longer in the the bar graph.  All it shows are calories burned.  Everything else appears normal. It is the same in the APP and online on the website.. Does anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer

Same here,and it's still not working ☹️

Best Answer

Add me to this list as well.  When I started FITBIT last October, had no problems.  The last few months it hasn't been working (intermittent at best).   I can still enter the food in the (Android) app food menu, and it shows up in the list on that page, but go back to the main page and the count is not reflected.  Also going into the FITBIT.app on with Chrome Browser screen, and it's not there either.  However, if I enter the food in the  Browser, it reflects into the Food selections and main page total count.  I've tried the usual clear cache, log off and back on, cycling bluetooth and WiFi, noting solves the problem.

Best Answer

Hi, @PandaBear11 welcome to the community, you may find this article of use How do I track my food with the Fitbit app? 

The app is quite easy to use, we are all creatures of habit and tend to eat and drink the same combinations most of the time. Take the first few days to populate favourite food and meals and it just takes one click to record a regular meal combination. If the app is too fiddly try using the online dashboard.

I hope this helps but if you are still stuck please post again with details of your problem.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am using the online dashboard. It worked fine with my Versa lite
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @PandaBear11, I suggest you check your internet connection, entries I make are instantaneous. 

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I currently use the logging feature to log my food, and haven't had any issues, but since taking a week off when on holiday, I have had issues. The app no longer displays days before this week, the sugar, potassium ect are WAY off. On a day when I have only eaten 449 calories so far, it says I have 1954g of sugar and 43888mg of potassium. The same happened yesterday. Everything else is off too.

Best Answer

I have the same issue today, not logging calories to the quick tile. Also noticed it randomly deleted some calories from yesterday overnight. Have tried the log out, forced close, reboot phone and restart App over and over. Occasionally works for 1 food and then stops working again. 

Best Answer
It didn't do this with my versa lite though. Right now my steps are 3000
but phone says 340
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @PandaBear11, If you have another issue the best way forward is to open another thread. You may have a "Syncing" problem if the phone is not indicating the same "Steps" value as your "Sense". Check out these articles How do Fitbit devices sync their data? and Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

If you see the correct time is not being displayed on your "Sense" that would be a symptom of this issue. The more you can tell us about your problem the more likely we can get to the bottom of it.

I look forward to more information, including the make and model of your mobile phone. Note that minimum O/S requirements change with time, If you are using an older phone it may be part of your problem see this advice about phones and minimum O/S 

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Three days ago after entering my lunch items, the app would no longer recognize the calorie counts for foods entered on the "Today" main screen. The foods entered and associated calories all appear on the "Food" screen, and calorie counts are correct. Shows all the progress for Over/Under, In Zone, and Cal Out. But the info is not making it to the "Today" overview main page. I've cleared the cache on the app, have hit "Force Stop" on the app, and reset the device. The only thing I haven't done (and I'm hesitant) is to uninstall the app completely (Android) and reinstalling. Everything else is fine, and everything else is communicating/synching between the watch and the phone/app. It's just this one item. Thoughts? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community, @BCLucyBear.

Thank you for informing us about the issue you experienced with your calories intake.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they've done their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
Thanks for your note. It was a process for sure, but back to normal.
Best Answer

I logged some food into my fitbit app on my phone and when I came to it next day...no food was logged.  The sleep steps etc. seem oK

Best Answer

restarted my phone and steps are working now but food isn't recording till late at night

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there, @Clark_E. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshooting the issue with your calories logged before reaching out. 

Our team is currently aware of this issue and are working as quickly as possible to get this matter resolved. Until then, we have a few suggested workarounds mentioned by our fellow Fitbit Community users. Once you manually add in the app, you can sync and see your changes by going on the website version of the dashboard to see the updated numbers. Another option would be to create a favorite food called "quick calories" and make it 1 serving equals 1 calorie. This way you can add it form your favorites in the database.

I've moved your post to the Android board for organization purposes. 

See you around!  

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thanks for the assist. I'll look forward to a resolution soon. 

C

Best Answer