Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Notifications and Syncing Issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue which may be impacting Android notifications and syncing. Our team is currently investigating and working on a fix. Thank you for your patience as we work to find a resolution. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
1,037 REPLIES 1,037

Lol after a whole 6 months of people telling Fitbit about syncing and notifications not working, they want to let people know that they are "aware" of this issue. Fitbit been knew about this issue, but they refused to acknowledge it until now. Lol wow. 

Best Answer

Have done the update 3 days ago. Since then, watch is unable to receive any notifications or calls despite me turning the watch off & signing out of the app. All notification settings are turned on within the app & the watch, but nothing works. 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

I have had problems with syncing my Versa 2 and since following all advice to uninstall/reinstall app, restart phone and versa and unpair device on bluetooth I can no longer see my Versa 2 on my bluetooth when I scan for it. Since reinstalling app I can't get past "Searching for Versa2"  screen with Bluetooth already on with device set to visible, I can no longer find or pair Versa 2.

Any help greatfuly received.

PS My web dashboard now shows I have no devices paired. I wish I had seen this post before changing anything.

Best Answer

The notifications on my new Versa 3 were working fine until this update. I'm hoping it's just a temporary bug. 

Best Answer

Hi, 

Maybe this is what has caused my Charge 3 not to sync.

Currently,  since yesterday, I'm unable even to tell, if my Fitbit charges or not and display shows 001.

Since one week ago, I've suffered from time time black display and fast discharging.

When trying to reboot my pressing the button on the side, it buzzes as long as I keep my finger on the button 😟

Any feedback is appreciated. 

Thanks!

Best Answer

This has been happening on my iphone 6 suddenly since 14/6. I can no longer open the app on my iphone and my account tells me the device stopped synching on 14th. I am not using an android.

Best Answer

I hope you can fix it quickly. Is very inconvenient and I thought was my watch or phone and have gone painstaking through setting both.

Best Answer

I done the same, so frustrating. It needs to be fixed quickly or I'll ditch Fitbit all together. I've always had fitbits but the app updates are unreliable.

Best Answer

They syncing and a blank screen.. out of the 3 bars on the back only 1 is lighting up. Never had Any problems with my Fitbit. This is so frustrating. Should I go buy another? This is going on for 2days now. 

Best Answer

I hope the fix will come soon. For something so expensive, it's disappointing its not working in the way that it should.

I've had this problem for days. Its frustrating. 

Best Answer

My fitbit still won't sync with my Android. Is there a update on the issue?

Best Answer

Wow I just spent 3 days desperately trying everything to get my notifications back. This was (for me) a VERY expensive investment and I actually expect it to work! (More fool me, I guess.)

Best Answer

I uninstalled and reinstalled Fitbit app on my Android .

Seems to be working now 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having issues too using an iPhone. Is this being investigated?

Best Answer

Notification on my sence aren't working so frustrating,  I have it only for a week , Love my charge 2 never have a problem . I have a Android phone , would love to know what to do??

Best Answer

What is sad is I've gotten a reply to my ticket, asking me to factory reset my fitbit, which I have painstaking explained has been tried many times without success.

It's bad enough to have these issues, but these non-sense replies and suggestions are just infuriating. It's obvious that this just to satisfy a response rate KPI without any intention to actually help the users.

Best Answer

Glad you realized that there is a problem,  now fix it so we can get what we paid for. Thanks 

Best Answer

It looks like this dates back to January 2021. How much longer do we have to wait ? We have invested in a product which requires an app to work, otherwise it's useless. Will not be buying another fitbit.

Best Answer

I have an iPhone and I have the Ionic. The ionic  is subtracting my steps rather than adding. I'm watching it taking my steps away. This is not Fun and if the problem with the ionic can't be fixed my money should be refunded and I can get a tracker more accurate than what I have. I didn't have these issues with the charge 2.  Another issue with the ionic the battery does not hold a charge.  Every two days I have to charge it up.  If there are problems be transparent about it. 

Best Answer

@MattFitbit wrote:

We are aware of an issue which may be impacting Android notifications and syncing. Our team is currently investigating and working on a fix. Thank you for your patience as we work to find a resolution. 

Hi @MattFitbit,

I'm not sure if this is affected by the issue, but I decided to try the Google Assistant on my Sense, now that it will talk back to you.  When I tested it this morning, it dropped, saying that I needed to have the Fitbit app open and running with the Bluetooth turned on.  Both were turned on when this happened.

I'm using a Moto e5 Play running on Android 8.0 if that helps.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes