Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android phone app triggers iTunes on iMac

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I sync or even open the fitbit app on my phone, iTunes starts up on my desktop (iMac 10.10.5). If I close iTunes, it starts back up again. Very annoying. Has anyone else had this problem? How do I make iTunes stay closed? Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

My phone is Android.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im not sure what is happening but I have moved your android question to the Android board.

I do have some questions.

I am assuming that if you and the phone are, let's say at work, opening the Fitbit app on the phone never will not start iTunes on the MAC. This is not clear from the post.

Does this happen all the time when the phone is near the MAC?

Does the phone need to be connected to the homes wifi for iTunes to open?

What happens if the phones Bluetooth is off when opening the Fitbit app.

Best Answer

After being a problem for days, it has stopped. It happened all the time, and just now it quit.

I don't know why. I "force quit" iTunes every time it opens spontaneously.

Up until now it happened every dang time I updated at my desk with my phone.  I haven't updated it near any other computer (haven't had it very long, and I work on a teacher's schedule). The Mac is connected by Ethernet with wireless as a backup. Bluetooth has always been turned on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know that the Mac is connected to the network, this could be wifi or cable, what I was wondering is if the phone was connected to the wifi in the house.

If opening the Fitbit app on the phone, opens iTunes on the Mac, there must be some communication going on between the phone and the Mac.

Best Answer
The phone is connected to wifi in the house. The Fitbit device app
transfers data to the phone and I assume that the data goes from the phone
to the computer, since, according to the device info, the device doesn't
upload directly to the computer.

I'll investigate further if it starts happening again. Meanwhile, thank you
for addressing this problem!
Best Answer
0 Votes

During the sync process, the trackers data goes through the Fitbit app to the Fitbit server in the cloud, the data then is processed and put into your Fitbit account.  Then the Fitbit app or the computer looks at your Fitbit account in the cloud and retrieves your data. There should be no direct communication between the Fitbit app and the computer.

You say that every time that the Fitbit app on the phone is opened iTunes opens on the computer.

My question, does iTunes open when the phone is not connected to you homes wifi.

You say every time, to me this means when your phone is tweenty miles from home and the Fitbit app is opened on the phone, that the iTunes also opens up on the computer. Is this correct?

Please remember that I am not at your house, without help I won't be able to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes