Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App crash and syncing issues - Huawei p20

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Huawei p20 pro and fitbit versa watch and occasionally when syncing my watch to my phone the whole system just crashes. The watch can't sync and after trying to sync it on and on it goes through but then the clock face crashesh and says that i have to go to fitbit app and do this and that. I have previously experienced the same problem with syncing when I had fitbit charge 2 and blaze on huawei phones. I google the issue and it seems like Huawei and fitbit do not go hand to hand, don't really know why since Huawei i operated by android. Can you guys please fix that issue?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Abdulla, awesome to see you again in the Fitbit Community! My apologies for the late response, I was reading your app is crashing and presenting issues to sync.

About the app is crashing with clock faces, this is an issues that is under investigation. You can refer to this post to keep track of the progress: App crashes when accessing app gallery/clock faces.

Now you are correct the compatibility with Huawei has presenting some difficulties to our users in matters of sync or connectivity with the Fitbit tracker or watch.  If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch. We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit App, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. A majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility. The full list of compatible devices with confirmed compatibility can be found at fitbit.com/devices.

If the syncing issues still persists, keep in mind a new version of the Fitbit app has started to rolling out, which contain stability improvements, security patches and bug fixes that might provide some help to improve the functionality of the app. This version is being gradually released, scheduled to be available for all our Android users. If you are not able to see this update, try to review your Google Play store at a later time. For more details you can review this post.

Additionally, it would not hurt to give it a try to this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Abdulla, awesome to see you again in the Fitbit Community! My apologies for the late response, I was reading your app is crashing and presenting issues to sync.

About the app is crashing with clock faces, this is an issues that is under investigation. You can refer to this post to keep track of the progress: App crashes when accessing app gallery/clock faces.

Now you are correct the compatibility with Huawei has presenting some difficulties to our users in matters of sync or connectivity with the Fitbit tracker or watch.  If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch. We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit App, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. A majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility. The full list of compatible devices with confirmed compatibility can be found at fitbit.com/devices.

If the syncing issues still persists, keep in mind a new version of the Fitbit app has started to rolling out, which contain stability improvements, security patches and bug fixes that might provide some help to improve the functionality of the app. This version is being gradually released, scheduled to be available for all our Android users. If you are not able to see this update, try to review your Google Play store at a later time. For more details you can review this post.

Additionally, it would not hurt to give it a try to this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thank a lot for your reply, that helped a lot 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes