Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App is asking for a restart for notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

App version 2.78

Charge 2

Phone Mi Max

After the latest update, constantly getting message to restart phone. Persistent after several restarts.

Also messages not being notified on tracker even though option is selected.

Phone calls- yes, but with a delay.

Test notification , with a delay.

Kindly advise.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @BRohit

This might be happening because the Xiaomi Mi Max is not part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone.

As long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it. Some users of unsupported devices have mentioned that following these steps helps for the notifications.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lanuza,

Thanks for your reply. I do realise that MiMax isn't on the list of supported devices. The notifications worked for rhe last year or so. This message started appearing since the last update of the phone's OS and Fitbit app. Though still get call notofications at times, but no message notifications.

Did go through the helps for the  notification issues, didn't 'help'.

Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BRohit.

Thanks for trying those steps and getting back to me.

It is very possible that a recent update on the Fitbit app itself, or an update on the phone, caused the optimization issues to be much more notable and that led to the notifications not working. 

Maybe you could post about the MiMax in our Feature Suggestions board. That way other users could show their support by commenting and voting. If you do decide to do that be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes