Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App logged off and wont let me login again

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Help!  I've posted this on the Alta HR group earlier but haven't received a reply.

I've been using my Alta HR for nearly a year paired to the same (Samsung) phone and working perfectly but this morning the app spontaneously logged itself off and when I try to go back in it tells me that I have an invalid email or password.  But I know that's not true because I can log into the dashboard via my laptop using the same details.  If I try to reset the password and request a reset email it tells me that there's no network connection even though I am on the WiFi (confirmed in my settings). 

I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled, it and switched Bluetooth on and off.

I am at a loss as to how to get back into the app ... any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @AnniePannie!

That sounds very frustrating.

Do you have a data plan on your phone? I'd recommend that you try to use the data plan instead of Wi-Fi is you have one. It has happened before to me that Wi-Fi doesn't work on mobile. 

Please give it a shot and let me know how it goes. Look forward to your reply. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @AnniePannie!

That sounds very frustrating.

Do you have a data plan on your phone? I'd recommend that you try to use the data plan instead of Wi-Fi is you have one. It has happened before to me that Wi-Fi doesn't work on mobile. 

Please give it a shot and let me know how it goes. Look forward to your reply. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks very much!  The issue spontaneously resolved itself over the weekend - but I am none the wiser as to what to do if it happens again!

Best Answer

Hey @AnniePannie!

Thank you very much for the update.

Very interesting, hopefully it will not happen again. Let's keep our eyes on the matter and see how it goes. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Since almost a week I'm facing the same issue.

Neither Wlan nor mobile data works.

Sometimes it let's me log in again, and sometimes even the synch works with my Charge 2.

But mostly I cannot enter the app.

I already tested it with 3 smartphones (Samsung S5, S7, Xperia), and on my PC (Windwos 10). Always the same message: "wrong password" or when trying to reset it "no internet connection".

And the most interesting error message, when I tried to make a new account, they say: "fitbit.com is being maintained".

And well... I have a expensive clock at my wrist, because I cannit use it for anything else anymore. It's really annoying!

Best Answer
0 Votes

A very warm welcome to the Forum @birgitkraft.

That definitely sounds frustrating.

In order to access the Community Forums you need to be logged into an account. So my question in this case would be, did you manage to access your account through the Forums Login page? Or did you create a new account? If you created a new one, did you do it through a different method or is it someone else's account?

Look forward to your reply so that I can get a better understanding of what is going on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for your response. I am having the same trouble, but the use of cellular data on my phone has not yet resolved the issue. Do you have any other suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @SadafDj.

Thanks for letting me know. I am assuming that you created a whole new account to post about this, correct? 

Please try to restart your phone and then give it another shot. That should help if using the data plan is not working.

Also, are you getting some sort of error message? If so, what does it say? 

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This was ages ago ... It fixed itself after I restarted the phone a few times

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AnniePannie.

Thanks for getting back and letting me know that everything is in order now!

If you have the time, feel free to visit our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about in there., I'm sure that you will find something that peaks your interest.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes