Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not downloading

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
The Fitbit app has disappeared from my phone, and now will not download. It says error, please try again.

To resolve this problem before making seeking further support I have:
-checked there is plenty of memory on my phone
-my internet connection is fine
-my phone is upto date
-restarted phone
-restarted watch
-cleared cache 
-disabled and re-enabled playstore app

My phone is recognising that the watch is nearby bit cannot connect as the app is not on the phone. 
Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

Hello @Dougie64 

I see where you said you cleared cache. Did you clear the cache from the Google play Store as well? I’d try that if you haven’t already. Here’s how: 

Tap settings on your Android phone then scroll down and tap Apps & notifications. Now scroll down and find Google Play Store and tap it. Next scroll down and tap Storage then tap Clear cache. (Do not tap clear storage)

Repeat the steps above, but replace
Google Play Store with Google Play services and clear the cache there as well. (Do not clear storage

After doing the above steps restart your phone then head to the Google Play Store and try to reinstall the Fitbit App again. 

😃 I’m hoping this resolved the issue. Please let me know how it goes 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for replying. 

I have just tried this but still failing to install the app. I have tried another app to ensure it isn't the playstore as a whole but this was fine, ultimately it is the fitbit app itself. 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dougie64  Can you tell me what the error says when trying to download the App from Google Play? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It states:

"Cant install fitbit.

Try again, and if it still doesn't work, see common ways to fix the problem."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Dougie64 

The only other thing I can think of is to clear the Cache and Data from your download manager. 

To clear the Cache and Data on your download manager go to the settings on your Android phone the scroll down and tap Apps. Once you tap apps your screen might appear like my screen (see image) Tap where I have circled in red. 

B8C52665-9700-4C59-967A-930F0806A594.jpeg

Now enable Show System apps then tap OK at the bottom of your screen. Now scroll down and tap Download Manager. Now scroll down and tap Storage. Now tap Clear Cache then tap Clear Data

It’s perfectly safe to clear the Cache and the Data as you can see here:https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7513003?hl=en#zippy=%2Ccheck-if-the-app-is-available-fo...  

🤞 Hopefully this will do the trick. Please let me know how it goes

Best Answer
0 Votes

 Thanks @SunsetRunner - I have done the first part. Is download manager supposed to be somewhere when you scroll down, or is it within an app (screenshot to show its not there)? I have cleared cache and data from playstore which hasn't changed the outcome. 

I appreciate your support - I'm not very tech savvy! 

Screenshot_20220901-135036_Settings.jpg

Best Answer

Hello again @Dougie64 

It might be a different path with different androids. Can you tell me exactly which one you have so I can research it?  But by looking at your image tap on the three small dots to the right. I’m using your image here: 

A31E09D7-2BC9-4C74-8EF8-0C4F4C7E3A9B.jpeg

After you tap the three dots select Show System Apps in the drop down menu. Now scroll down to find Download Manager. Then scroll to and tap storage….here you should find Clear Cache and Clear Data. 

Is your current android phone up to date? If this doesn’t work can you please check here to make sure your Android device is compatible with the Fitbit App: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/compatible-devices

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10

Best Answer

@Dougie64  Did you follow the path on my previous post where I used your image and added a red arrow to the image you provided me? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, thanks for your help. Still not working. Going into a phone shop tomorrow to see if they can help. Much appreciated that you have taken your time to help me 😀

Best Answer

I’m really sorry that hasn’t helped @Dougie64 If you get it resolved please come back and tell me how it was addressed. I’ll be interested in what you find out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not resolved after an O2 assistant tried everything, even trying from 2 3rd party download apps. Seems to be a problem with the actual app itself. Have downloaded other apps since this started with no problems. Thanks again for all of your help trying to resolve this issue. 

Best Answer

Hello again @Dougie64 

Is your Samsung Galaxy S10 current at an Operating System of 10 or higher? https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/compatible-devices

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes , it's 12

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is all quite strange @Dougie64.….I can’t think of any reason it just won’t download. So when you go to settings on your phone, then tap apps…scroll down all your installed apps…Fitbit App isn’t listed at all right? 

I really wish I could have helped you get your app up and running again. I can only suggest contacting Fitbit Customer Service: https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US

🤞 In the meantime I hope you might have another mobile device (maybe an iPad) that you can use to install the Fitbit App to sync your data while Fitbit Customer Service gets this sorted out for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have gone into my apps, no sign of the fit bit app there, but it is in not installed apps. I have tried reinstalling it from there but same result happens. I'm just waiting on fit bit .com getting back in touch. I have the fit bit app on my kindle, but for some reason it won't sync to that either.

Thank you very much for all your help. Hopefully I'll get it sorted soon and let you know how I get on

Best Answer
0 Votes

I  just downloaded the app and it's working fine. You should visit your phone provider to see why it has failed to work on your phone

Best Answer

Okay, thank you. I'll try that as well. I have downloaded other apps from Google store since I started having the fit bit app problem.

Best Answer

Hello again @Dougie64 

I tried looking up more information on a possible fix for the issue you are facing and I came across this YouTube video that might be helpful. Some of the things on the video you’ll see we have already tried. But there are a few other things we haven’t tried. 

I would follow along this video and perform the necessary step as it plays. I’d suggest repeating the things you already tried and follow it completely. Hopefully this might do the trick. 

You can view the video here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AnXF3-qANwc

Best Answer
0 Votes