Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not downloading

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
The Fitbit app has disappeared from my phone, and now will not download. It says error, please try again.

To resolve this problem before making seeking further support I have:
-checked there is plenty of memory on my phone
-my internet connection is fine
-my phone is upto date
-restarted phone
-restarted watch
-cleared cache 
-disabled and re-enabled playstore app

My phone is recognising that the watch is nearby bit cannot connect as the app is not on the phone. 
Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

Thanks for your email, I will try what you suggested. I have tried to download it from my wife's phone in an app share, but no joy. I'll let you know how I get on. 😏

Best Answer

I have had a reply from Fitbit saying they are aware of the problems with the app, but they don't know when or if they will be able to find a solution. I keep trying to download the app every day but it doesn't want to install. Thank you for all your help in trying to help me. Take care and hopefully I'll get a solution sooner rather than later. 🤔

Best Answer

🤔 That’s quite odd @Dougie64! I haven’t heard of a known issue as your experiencing. I haven’t read about others having the same issue here but in all fairness I certainly don’t read each and every post here in the forums.

I have iOS and decided to take a leap of faith and delete my Fitbit App to duplicate the issue but I was able to successfully install the App back onto my device. I’m wondering if it’s strictly an Android issue with the Fitbit App OR my app didn’t physically disappear like yours did so maybe I’m unable to duplicate the scenario correctly. 

I really appreciate all the time and effort you went through trying all my troubleshooting suggestions and being so great on coming back and letting me know how things were going as well as keeping me posted on what you have learned from Fitbit Customer Service. 

I truly do hope they get things corrected quickly for you. 🤞🤞 fingers double crossed for ya

Best Answer
0 Votes