Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App says it can't find fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since the fitbit app updated last night, it says it cannot find my fitbit. I havent had an issue until last night. Please fix this

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

The same thing happened to me. All the options to sync the fitbit to the app didn't work.

Best Answer
Finally after 30 mins of turning Bluetooth and location off and on again
and restarting my phone about 5 times, it finally found my fitbit and
sync'd. This is quite unacceptable, we shouldnt have that many problems
after an update.
Best Answer

This seems to happen frequently after an update.  

Best Answer

Same for me since Friday and I posted on here as well and no answer. I was able to connect it to my computer with the wireless dongle but it still takes many many tries to get it to sync, not to mention how inconvenient it is. 

But anyway, if you still have the dongle that may work for you? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every update this happens. In the past for me it was usually fairly straightforward to sort out. This time nothing is having any effect. 

Surely the priority should be that the **ahem** thing connects properly. All the bells and whistles are worth sweet f.a. if it doesn't work.  Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery seems applicable. 

Best Answer

Hi Everyone! Our team is aware that some Android users on Android 8.0 Oreo may be experiencing syncing issues since the Fitbit app 2.64 update. Our Android team is actively working on a fix and hope to have it resolved shortly. For updates on this issue, please check out this thread. If you are not on Oreo and experiencing syncing issues check out this article if you haven’t already.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a fit bit that I haven't been able to sync. I have a LG G6. It gets to the point that I enter the code, but them it won't connect. I spent an hour on the phone with customer service who didn't have an answer.

@LucyAP wrote:

Hi Everyone! Our team is aware that some Android users on Android 8.0 Oreo may be experiencing syncing issues since the Fitbit app 2.64 update. Our Android team is actively working on a fix and hope to have it resolved shortly. For updates on this issue, please check out this thread. If you are not on Oreo and experiencing syncing issues check out this article if you haven’t already.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @lilwolf1975! Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit products and services. I really appreciate the time and effort you have invested to solve this. At the moment the LG G6 is a non compatible device. To see our latest compatible devices, please follow this link

In the meantime, you can try to set up with a different compatible mobile device or computer. To do so, you may follow the steps in this setup guide

Keep me posted! 😉

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes