Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App says password wrong when it's correct

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having a recurring problem. Every now and again the app throws me out so I try to log back in with the CORRECT email address and password but it says it's incorrect. I retype it - still "incorrect."

The only way forward from here is to reset the password, it then lets me login with the new password (even if I keep it the same!). This is very frustrating and I've had to do it twice today already . Please help! 

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@geebee26 A warm welcome to our Community! Sorry to hear that your app isn't recognizing your password. Try logging out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. Also go to settings > apps > Fitbit and clear the data there.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue is still persistent on Windows 10 pc.  Uninstalling and reinstalling the app does not fix the issue.    Interesting enough the email and password are accepted by the forum, but the app continually reports "authorisation failure"   PLEASE FIX YOUR APP.  

Best Answer

That happened to me last year and I called Fitbit Customer Service and they called back in a few days and said my Fitbit had been hacked.  It was hard to believe but true.

Best Answer

i have tried this as well as resetting my password but nothing has worked. I logged in on my computer and it works fine on the browser but when i try to log in on the ios mobile app with the same log in info it tells me its incorrect. I cant even use my fitbit i payed for because the app is faulty! please fix this as soon as possible as its very irritating, especially after spending money for this product. i was excited to use it and am not able due to this issue. please reach out to me or fix this issue ASAP

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. Just got my FitBit today and I already can't use it how awesome!

I've typed my email and password many times, avoiding any typos, and it still tells me it's wrong. It's ridiculous, since I created my FitBit account with my Google account. I checked my Google account password again just in case, and it was indeed what I was typing. I can login in a browser, but not in the app.

The thing is that I can't even change the password to log in like you suggested. When I try doing so, it says "Changing the account password is not supported for Google accounts".

Best Answer
0 Votes
A couple of years ago, this happened to me. Someone actually hacked into my account and changed my password. I had to have Fitbit start a new account for me and move all of my data to the new account. I hope this is not happening to you. Good Luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm just finalizing a lengthy chat with Support.

To summarize everything: they think my phone is at fault because it can't be updated to Android 9.0.

I showed them I just downloaded the app tonight, so I have the latest version. I showed them I don't have a "Log in with Google" option in the login screen. I restarted my phone, force-stopped the app, etc.

In the end, we realized my phone was on Android 8.1.0, and they think this is what is making it impossible for me to log in. The Sony Xperia L3 I own cannot be updated to Android 9.0. 

So the solutions I have before me are:

1. Cancel my subscription, delete my account, create a new account and link it to my FitBit device (not choosing the "link with my Google account" option).
  2. Buy a new phone and ditch my perfectly functional Sony Xperia L3 to be able to log in with my current account.

Not surprisingly, I'll be trying the first solution. I hope the Gmail accounts are not the issue in this case, because otherwise I'll have to delete everything all over again and create a mail account on some other service to be able to use my FitBit in my prehistorical phone. Lord help me if it doesn't work.

What we all can agree on, is that Google should pay their developers better to avoid having ridiculous issues like these. Or instruct their marketing team to inform their clients that only the newest phones can run their app without trouble.

Best Answer
0 Votes

At times I've had this issue. 

I'm usually only logged out if the fitbit server is down, I have a bad connection (the app seems I'm online but can't reach Fitbit), or if I'm behind a firewall and the firewall blocks. 

If I'm sure none of the above is happening and the password doesn't work. I go into my browsers saved passwords and copy paste the Fitbit password into the Fitbit App. Ive down this several times with success

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ASRV currently Android 9 is the oldest Android supported OS 

Fitbit Setup Requirements

So yes not being able to run ver 9 is the issue with the latest apps. It has been this way for the last few years. 

Is it the reason for not being able to log in? I don't know. I do know that the current app requires 9 

Your option are, update the OS, get a newer phone, or load an older version of fitbit. 

As for creating a new account, fitbit only gives the option create the Google. Even with a non Google login, you won't get past the OS 9 requirements 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I am glad you weren't hacked.
Best Answer
0 Votes