Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App will not sync over WiFi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Having the same issue. I installed it 2 days ago (just got a Charge 2) and it won't sync over wifi to my android phone. Using Galaxy A5, updated to Android 6.0.1, and updated on july 25th 2018 fitbit app. Can you help?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @fmart1.

Thanks for letting us know.

There are two possibilities of why this might be happening.

It is possible that the WiFi connection is having some issues or something is blocking the data from syncing. You can try to turn off your WiFi router and then turn it back on. Other users with similar issues have mentioned that it works.

On the other hand, it could be related to the fact that the Galaxy A5 is not currently a supported device. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with it as of yet and some issues like this might happen.

It's important to note that as long as a phone fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it will work, but we cannot guarantee it. Still, trying the steps above should help.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @fmart1.

Thanks for letting us know.

There are two possibilities of why this might be happening.

It is possible that the WiFi connection is having some issues or something is blocking the data from syncing. You can try to turn off your WiFi router and then turn it back on. Other users with similar issues have mentioned that it works.

On the other hand, it could be related to the fact that the Galaxy A5 is not currently a supported device. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with it as of yet and some issues like this might happen.

It's important to note that as long as a phone fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it will work, but we cannot guarantee it. Still, trying the steps above should help.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess the problem arises from the fact that it's not a supported device. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @fmart1.

Thanks for reaching back.

If you have another device, or a computer, you could use that in order to sync your Fitbit. That way you can get your details into your account.

Additionally, perhaps you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Best Answer
0 Votes